Can I prepare a file for import into Locus maps that would have tracks with a custom style?

Tomas Hnyk shared this question 4 months ago
Answered

I would like to distribute a network of tracks with different styles for different quality of tracks. I do not want to use folders for each quality of tracks as I would like to group different tracks into folders by stages. Is there a way to prepare files so that Locus would apply styles I design automatically?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi,

it obviously depends on the service or software you will use for the preparation. We can only influence what happens in Locus Map, not in other apps. Locus Map has full control of the style of the tracks that you create within it, not those you create elsewhere.

photo

I do not understand the answer. I would prepare the trackfiles manually, of course. I am just seeking for a way to tell Locis Maps how to display them on import, not within the app.

photo

I answered the question "Can I prepare a file for import into Locus maps that would have tracks with a custom style?" If you use Locus Map for this preparation, then yes - you can customize the style of each track in the folder (turn folder style off), export it as GPX version 1.1 and when importing to another Locus Map, the style of the tracks is preserved.

photo

Aha, perfect, indeed, thanks! I did not get that at all from your original answer. I will try this.

photo
photo

There is a trick for different styles in one folder. I have one folder each for style 1,2,3...
Here I set a folder style. Then I import the tracks for this style. Then I select all the tracks and go to Change style and then to Clone. (above the 3 dots).
Now the tracks have the style of the folder.
Then I select them all again and move them to the folder where I want them. I then do this with1, 2, 3....

photo

Yeah, or one can use filtering for this. What I am after is differetn however. I would like to send somebody a file that they could just import to Locus maps and the tracks would have styles as I set them. Surely Locus internally must store the styles somehow already, but I am afraid it is in some kind of a database...

(I would not mind editing text files, I would generate my files programatically anyway)

photo

Yes, they are stored in a database and are generated when exported to a gpx. I don't know whether you can integrate a style into a gpx. But currently it is not possible. just make a suggestion for improvement. Export / Style / gpx. If it works, it remains open and may be implemented and if it does not work, it will be rejected.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file