Problems importing tracks and waypoints to my new phone

Pöll Norbert shared this problem 4 months ago
Solved

Hallo,

I am using Locus Map 4 (Gold) and the old Locus Map Pro.

A few weeks ago I had a problem with Locus map 4. The offline maps I purchased were no longer visible in the app, and all tracks and waypoints were also missing. But everything was still visible in the Locus Map Pro (Vesion 3.70.3). Mobile phone: Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra.

I waited for the new cell phone (Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra) to clear this problem. The apps (Locus Map 4 version 4.20.01 and Locus Map Pro version 3.70.3) were transferred to the new cell phone. Locus Map Pro: Everything ist missing (offline-maps, tracks and waypoints)
Locus Map 4: the offline-maps are visible, but tracks and waypoints missing.

With the import function I was able to import the Tracks into Locus Map 4, but the original creation date replaced by today's date. That is not satisfying.

However, the points created in the favorites and other folders are not available after importing them.

At the moment I pay for the gold version and have virtually no working application left

How can I manage a clean Import of all my data

Thank you for some help.

Norbert Pöll

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Norbert,

if you still have the old phone, do the following on it:

Locus Map 4

open Settings - Backup & Filesystem - File system manager - Set the main directory - 3 dot menu by the "Private folder in internal storage" - tap "Select". Then go to Settings - Backup & Filesystem - App data transfer - Load app data - continue. It is necessary to select the original "internal storage/Locus" directory for data move.

----------------------

Locus Map 3 Classic

open Settings - Miscellaneous - Default directories - Set the main directory - 3 dot menu by the "Private folder in internal storage" - tap "Select". Then go to Settings - Miscellaneous - Default directories - Load app data > continue. It is necessary to open the original "internal storage/Locus" directory and choose "Use this folder".

----------------------

Then, perform the Locus Map data transfer to the new phone as it is described here: https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:faq:move_to_new_phone. DO NOT use the Samsung automatic transfer app, it doesn't work correctly for Locus Map.

photo

Thanks a lot,

everything is working now and all my data is transfered to my new phone.

Best wishes

Norbert

Leave a Comment

Attach a file