Trackrecording not working

Andreas Pross shared this problem 4 months ago
Not a Problem

Hello!

Phone: Samsung S22Ultra, Android Version 14 Security Patch 1.12.2023

I think after the patch update the trackrecording is not working. It can be started because after stop there isn`t a gpx File generated.

Replies (5)

photo

Any Android/ device manufacturer "battery optimizations" screwing around?

photo

Hi,

please get Locus Map permission for all-time access to the location and exclude Locus from all means of battery optimization so that the app can run in the background, see http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:gps_lost_fix_android6. Also, try switching on or off Google Services assisted location in Locus settings - GPS&sensors.

photo

Hi, I'm in same situation after upgrading my oppo Find x5 pro to Android 14. Done all setting as per instructions and what used to work previously but track recording stops about 10 minutes or so.

photo

try the tips described here: https://dontkillmyapp.com/oppo

photo

Please Help us, i have a oppo find x5 pro too.... android 14 colorOS 14
your trip above don't resolve....
i have
in app -locus map

-battery - consent activity background

-app unused disable suspend app if unused

-autorization -position consent always and exact position

in battery -other setting - optimize use of battery -locus map -don't optimize

we need a solution .....or in this way app is completely useless

photo

To me that sounds familiar, with another Chinese brand (Huawei) and other apps. Giving them all those privileges does not stop those vendor Android implementations from going amok in their attempt to save battery. By killing privileged apps.

BTW: did you run Locus as a service (Locus setting) ?

photo

Unfortunately I also tried to run locusmap as a service..but same result ...after 10 mi or so...locus loose track
i say then i notice that i use a voice msg audio every 5 min...i hear the first message on record track...and then no more.....
my last phone was xiaomi 10 lite ..and no problem i use it for years ...i try again and its ok...
I don't want to believe that in a top mobile phone like Oppo x5 pro it is not possible to use app to track..

photo

The answers are above. The links too. Battery not optimized. Always allow background.

photo
photo

I followed the instructions that Michael S. Linked above and got track recording working. I'm not sure, but I think pinning Locus to recent app list is important. Have you done that?

photo

hi..I tried various settings including pinning Locus to recent app list but without success...!!!
I finally discovered a trick...
i have locus map (with setting enabled as a service), on cell with battery no optimization..
every time when start app locus i enter in setting of phone in app - locus - battery DISABLE and then RE-ENABLE option CONSENT ACTIVITY ON BACKGROUNG with the app runing
in this way locus map make the track CORRECTLY!!!!
I don't know why other apps don't need this disable and re-enable...bat in this way is OK

last question on track some time i have some spike ok quote i think that perhaps it could be useful to check the difference in altitude between one point and the next
There cannot be 300 meters of difference in height over 30 meters in length
thanks to all

photo

Hi , the elevation spikes are caused either by a bad GPS signal or by the system fiddling with Locus's access to the exact location. Here are some tips:

Open Locus settings > GPS&sensors:

• Location filter > select medium or heavier filter
  • Google Services assisted location > turn it ON
  • Altitude manager > settings tab > Elevvation data - select "Optimize GPS values" or "Replace GPS values"
  • Altitude manager > settings tab > Pressure sensor > turn ON (if available)
  • Altitude manager > settings tab > Altitude filter - select medium or heavier filter

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file