BRouter Profile "River" missing

Christian D. shared this problem 3 months ago
Not a Problem

Hello,

I've always used the BRouter Profile River in Menue Route Planning. Now I noticed that BRouter Profile River is no longer selectable (probably since any update). Drop Down List contains only the 4 items shown in attachment.

Please could you tell me how to select now the BRouter Profile River?

Many thanks

Christian

Locus Map Version 4.20.1
BRouter Version 1.7.3

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Christian,

by default, BRouter now uses only a few compatible profiles of LoRouter. If you need more profiles, add them as BRF files to /Locus/router/profiles2/ folder from BRouter repository or other sources, see https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:faq:how_to_navigate_offline#profiles.

photo

Hello Michal,

Thank you for your response. I found the BRouter profiles in
InternalStorage/Android/media/btools.routingapp/brouter/profiles2/
and copied the file river.brf to
InternalStorage/Android/data/menion.android.locus/files/Locus/router/profiles2/.
Profile River is now selectable in LocusMap.

Disadvantage of this method: Every time I update BRouter data via BRouter app, I have to remember to manually copy this data from BRouter storage to Locus Map storage using my Windows PC. On the one hand, this can often be forgotten. On the other hand, a Windows PC is not always available, for example on vacation.

Is it conceivable in a future release of Locus Map that Locus Map will automatically copy the current data (profiles, segments and all other necessary data) from BRouter's shared storage to its own App-specific storage? Or could this alternatively be handled by an new add-on?

Kind regards

Christian

photo

Or Locus Map could potentially access the data in BRouter's shared storage directly? This could avoid redundant copies of segment files and profile files.

photo

Hi Christian,

it is not necessary to copy BRouter routing data (segments) to Locus storage. Only the profiles.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file