Standard world map not shown

Christian Marx shared this problem 3 months ago
Not a Problem

In the actual version of locus map classic the standard world map is not shown anymore.

Replies (19)

photo

Hi Christian,

what do you mean by the "standard world map"? The default OSM "Outdoors" map loads and displays correctly. Could you please send a screenshot? Thanks

photo

I mean the Worldmap e.g. Oam World which can be set in the map options to be shown in lower zoomlevels instead of the vector map. When i set the map it is shown once but after a restart the vector map is shown in all zoom levels.

photo

I'm sorry but I can't simulate the problem. I've downloaded a fresh OAM World 1-8 map and all works correctly.

photo

I use Oam World 1-9. As i write, when i select the map its works, after a new start maybe not.

photo

i have reloaded the map. Same result. After selecting the map it is shown. After the restart the vectormap is shown in all zoom levels.

photo

And the setting in Maps->Advanced is still pointing to the World1-9 correctly when the display fails?

photo

Yes, the setting is still correct. When i select the set map again, it is shown.

photo

Hi Christian,

I've tried to download the 1-9 OAM map but there is some glitch on the provider's side - I can't test the 1-9 map. But in principle, it is the same as with 1-8 map which works correctly even after restarting Locus Map. If there is anybody else to simulate the problem we could proceed with analyzing the problem.

photo

Manual downloads always worked, but in the Locus install script, there was a typo in trhe filename on the server (OAM-World-1-9-JJ80.xml instead of OAM-World-1-9-J80.xml) - sorry for that. Fixed; working now.

photo

Today I managed to download the 1-9 map and tested the issue you reported, again without a problem...

photo

Could you please provide an e-mail account to which i could send video of the behavour?

photo

Upload it to Google Drive and share it via link.

photo
photo

the link is not accessible, could you please make it public?

photo
photo

Sorry, now it should be accessible.

photo

Link is working now.

What I saw in the video I never saw on any of my devices. Weird. There is a detailed logging function in Locus that can be activates in the expert settings, last section "Development". Michal and/or Menion MAY see from such a log what is going wrong there - if we are lucky.

photo

Hi Christian,

what directories do you use for your maps?

photo

Hi,

i use the Afa Version. The maps are stored in

/storage/emulated/0/Locus/mapsVector

photo

That may be the problem.

Raster maps like the world maps need to be in the folder maps (neighbor to vectorMaps).

I.e. /storage/emulated/0/Locus/maps in your case.

And if you use the AFA, you could put them anywhere and manually import them.

photo

Christian, do you store your world raster map in the directory /storage/emulated/0/Locus/mapsVector? If yes, you may try moving it to /storage/emulated/0/Locus/Maps directory and restart the app.

photo

Hi, i have moved the map to the /maps folder and it seems to be okay now.

Thank you very much!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file