Zoom in doesn't work with BarButtons controller

Karl K shared this problem 3 months ago
Solved

Hi, I've been using Locus for a while now to navigate while riding my motorcycle. So far I'm loving it. I wanted to upgrade to use "BarButtons", a bluetooth device that has physical buttons, to be able to make changes on the fly. It is nothing more than a bluetooth keyboard, that sends button presses to the phone. After enabling the "Use hardware controllers" option, the arrow keys now move the map around, "c" is used for centering and "-" zooms out.

The only thing, that doesn't work is the "+" key to zoom in. I've tested this with 2 phones and 2 different keyboards and I can't zoom in with any combination. When I enter the search box in the app, the "+" shows up just fine when I press the corresponding button, it just doesn't zoom in in the map. The Software buttons to zoom in and out work fine too.

Is this a bug or am I using the wrong key to try to zoom in?

Replies (4)

photo

You should take a look at the Barbutton site.

I had the same issue.

https://jaxeadv.com/barbuttons/compatible-applications/#htoc-locus

There is a description how to setup Locus with Barbuttons.

You need 81 for Android.

photo

Thanks, now it is working. I've added "70" to the "Map zoom in" Key codes, so that the whole string is "81|24|s70|70" and that seems to have fixed it. Don't know why there is a "s70" in the string, maybe that is the problem? To my knowledge keycodes only contain numbers.

Thanks again!

photo

Yes, only Numbers.

May you have select a different keymapping. 70 is '='

photo

Yes, I have switched to "English (US, international)" or something like that, but the zoom in did not work after that. Only after I've enabled expert settings and made the described changes to the key codes it started working.

photo
photo

Hi guys,

what value is missing in the "Zoom in" setup? As I see, by default, value should be "81|24|s70". s70 is correct, it means "KEYCODE_EQUALS" + "shift" key. So you missed value 70 right?

It may be easier to add "BarButtons" as another option in the setup. Anyway glad you've solved it.

photo

I just verfied it with my second phone. Yes, I need to add the keycode "70" to the list or else it doesn't work.

When I started to look into the problem, I was searching in the docs about hardware buttons to use in the app. In Menu > Settings > Maps > Map control I found the reference to the +/- keys for zooming, but there was no meantion about the hidden "expert settings" menu, where you are able to rebind the keys. Maybe mention it on the "map control" docs page?

Thanks for the help.

photo

Hi guys,

so in the next Locus Map 4 version will be a little improved selection dialog for controllers:

80f80531b145178706be09c2fdd96015

If there will be any suggestions to different default mapping, please let me know.

I'll also contact a BarButtons developer about this topic.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file