Locus removes markdown formatting from geocache logs

Jonáš Veselka shared this problem 3 months ago
Not a Problem

I'm using FieldNotes addon and when I use its function View listing (eye icon) from its log detail page of a logged (FN is sent to GC or logged online) geocache, the markdown formatting is lost. It looks like it's a problem of Locus itself, not the addon.

When I do this with an unlogged geocache, the formatting remains.

Locus 4.20.1 but I have been observing this error for a long time.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi,

the issue hasn't been simulated but Menion promised to have a look at it. The task has a low priority though as the FN add-on was abandoned by its creator and was removed from GPlay.

photo

Thank You, Michal, for Your reply,

I tried to switch to the new native Log manager, but it's still not a full replacement of the add-on. Mainly it doesn't support filtering, but also doesn't allow batch actions or fast scrolling. Finishing the log manager could make this issue irrelevant :)

photo

That's right. We've recently got ridden of the G4L addon - its features have been implemented into the app (you'll see in the next version). The FN addon is in the queue...

photo

The markdown is removed when clicking on the eye button in the add-on. A thorough analysis has proved that it is an issue in the add-on and not the Locus Map. You may easily verify this by not clicking the eye button, but directly opening the Locus Map app and the cache detail.

photo

Ok, thank You. If there is no simple solution, I'm fine with waiting for the new log manager regarding this issue. It's annoying but I don't want to keep You busy with a temporary work.

BTW, the new geocaching integration, especially the live map, is great!

photo

Thanks, btw geocaching drafts in the logs manager and cache detail now also display markdowns.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file