All recored tracks lost

Robert Junghans shared this problem 3 months ago
Not a Problem

Realised recently that all recorded tracks have disappeared. I did not delete any.

I gound a folder in locus main directory "nmea" where files are stored, with the same date i know i have recorded tracks.

Hiw to restore the tracks?

Replies (5)

photo

I'm sorry to read that Robert. I know it won't help you now, but my backup strategy is:

• export recorded track immediately as GPX, then later save the GPX to another device later (PC)
  • Cloud Sync as soon as possible after any new track is recorded, or point is created
  • backup all settings after major changes & move to another device
  • backup all tracks & points every few months & move to another device
  • photo

Some phones have cleanup apps. They simply delete files from the memory. Perhaps you have one of these apps active.
    It is best to make an automatic backup to the cloud. Then you can restore it from the backup.
    https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:settings:backup_fsys
    Perhaps only the storage location has been changed? Wait for an answer from the Locus team. Or search where there is a Locus folder on your device.

photo

Seems that locus storage location has changed. I've been switched to online maps without really realising it. All offline maps have disapeared as well.

I've no access to any downloaded map although I can find them on the device. So I suppose the tracks are still there but I cant access them from locus app.

The only thing I have no access to is new storage location. But locus app has.

photo

I assume they have a new Android version. Google has restricted the access rights there. With x-plore you have access, but you have to authorize the folder. It should also work with the PC.
    Which Android do you have?

photo

Hi Robert,

most probably your buffer period for transferring your Locus Map data to the private sector of the phone storage has expired. Please try this:

- Open Settings - Backup & Filesystem - File system manager - Set the main directory - 3 dot menu by the "Private folder in internal storage" - tap "Select".

- Then go to Settings - Backup & Filesystem - App data transfer - Load app data - continue. It is necessary to select the original "Internal storage/Locus" directory for data move.

hope this helps

Leave a Comment

Attach a file