Backup manager sources

Sylvain Bouju shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

Looking at the backup manager, I find only three sources available to work with: DrobBox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.

Can I add some other among my prefered cloud services?

I think to pCloud and MEGA for (interested) example.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Sylvain,

only these three are supported. It is not possible to add other services to the app.

photo

That's pity, I've been waiting a long time for pcloud support. In Europe, this Swiss company, has a very common, robust and secure cloud space. Due to lifetime contracts (e.g. 10TB), they are also extremely attractive. A lot of other apps have pcloud in their portfolio

I'd also would like to backup my locus automatically to pcloud.

photo

i would use foldersync pro to auto sync the local locus backups, which wold accomplish the same thing

photo

Thanks four your thoughts - just a short explanation:

I know these sync tools and use(d) them. Since latest Android Patches they stop working if you do not move the locus folder structure. But this not why I'd like to get more common cloud services supported directly by locus.

I moved a lot of people to use the locus app. But all these people just want to use an app and do not want to work around features. Some of them already think about switch to c-geo - because of some other things.

A lot of my feature request here comes not only from me - I am often just the proxy - they never would join to a forum to get things changed - they are just user.

photo

If you just want people to be able to use the app in simplest way...all android users have a google account to use the play store, and to sync locus, so all have 15gb of drive storage, so its trivial to backup to drive, google drive, dropbox and one drive are by fare the largest cloud providers. so that covers so much of the user base. there are a lot of techie/advanced/geek users of locus, so its trivial for those to use folder sync etc. an app like xplore can access pcloud etc as thats its main purpose, lets see how people vote, i used to use pcloud but found it unreliable and lost a lot of data, would be intrigued if protondrive became more viable....

photo

Dear Alistair,

I like the idea from Sylvain to support more cloud accounts. That's why I support this idea. I told you that I am aware of a work around and I tried to explain you that there are users outside which just want to use it the simple way. I will stop here the discussion because it goes in a senseless direction regarding the subject. It makes me sad when I have to 'justify' myself for things that are not even up for discussion.

Wolfgang

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file