Where to put my own icons

Jelle Ruben shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

Hello,

Some years later, And I can't find Locusmap in the File Explorer on my Android Phone . I like to put my own Icon.zip in it,

I can't find the map in the main memory or on the SD Card.

Can someone help me. wher I must look?

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Jelle,

by default, Locus Map creates its main directory in the private sector of the internal storage: /Android/data/menion.android.locus. On the latest Android OS versions, this section is still harder accessible, not to mention writable. Total Commander or Solid Explorer were able to view the directory. I would try to connect the phone to a PC via USB, allow data transfer on the phone and copy the file via Total Commander on the PC. This is possible on Android 13 (unfortunately, I don't have an A14 phone for testing).

photo

Hello Michal, thanks for your reaction.

I will look at it. I hope I can find it.

But maby to much to ask, would it not be nice. If you can build an option it in the app, So the user can set the path of the icon.zip? Or like that.

photo

Hi Jelle,

yes, the situation with Android restrictions is dire - there are many items that could be added to the app in the past, not just icons, but now it's almost impossible. We are pondering options of some multi-import that would cope with everything... we'll see.

photo

Ì have now look on the pc.

And saw the ,map

Samsung Note20 Ultra\Interne opslag\Android\data\menion.android.locus\files\Locus\icons
And
Samsung Note20 Ultra\Interne opslag\Android\data\menion.android.locus.pro\files\Locus\icons

I past in both my Icon.zip file

And now I seem them. I am a gold member. Is the map with menion.android.locus.pro the mail directory?

photo

menion.android.locus.pro is the main directory of Locus Map Classic. menion.android.locus is for Locus Map 4

photo

Aha thanx for the information. I hope you and you team can creat a nice solution for inport en edit own icons for this realy great app.

Yes It is one of the app what I realy like. Well, that's why I'm also a gold member🤗

Leave a Comment

Attach a file