Problem with geochaching4locus

mrost shared this problem 2 months ago
Not a Problem

Since December (?) I have a Problem using geochaching4locus. I always get the message, that I already downloaded the information of 16000 caches in a 24-hour peridod although i donwloaded not a singe cache, Then the period counter is set to the actual time.

I tried everything (log-out ad log-in, uninstall and re-instal g4l) but nothing helped. The login g4l is accepted, but trying to get any cache to the map or into a list is failing.

I'm using Locus 3.70.5 and g4l version 3.0.9 on a Samsung Xcover Pro running Andoid 13. I am premium Member at geocaching.com

Replies (5)

photo

Hi,

could you please describe step by step the way you get to the error message about the geocache limit? What exact action triggers the error? Could you take a screenshot of the error message? Thanks

photo

Hallo Michal,

I get the message after opening c4l and selecting "Caches in der Nähe" (caches nearby) and clicking the green download-button on the bottom of the sceen.

Sceenshot of the (german) error messages attached.

Addintional information: I just tried to install on an other device (Samsung galaxy tab active pro) using the same Versions on Andoid 14, its the same there. So it seems to be device independent... I tried to find any setting in the geochaching.com account, but cannt identify any setting, whicht seem to infulence the behavour.

Thanks an best regards, Michael

photo

Hello,

I just revoked app authorisation for project-GC (https://project-gc.com/) at geocaching.com settings and since then, the time stamp for the download blocking does net increase to the actual time, but stays at the last time trying to download while the autorisation for project-gc was active.

Hence the blocking lasts 24 houres, I can report tomorrow after 3pm if this solved the Problem...

photo

Hi,

anyway, I'm afraid Locus Map has nothing to do with this, better contact G4L developer.

photo

Unfortunately it does not fix the Problem with G4L ....

Leave a Comment

Attach a file