Coordinates associated to a saved point

Hilbert Setter shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

Hi,
I often have to create new points, so I have put the "New point" icon on the side panel of my display.

To create a new point:
1. Tap on the "New point" icon. This is done at time T1.
2. After having filled in or modified the various available fields, tap on the "SAVE" button. This is done at time T2.

Which coordinates are associated to the point?

In my tests the answer is different for Locus V3 and V4:
- Locus V3 (classic): the coordinates where the device was at time T1
- Locus V4: the coordinates where the device was at time T2

This may seem like an insignificant difference, but sometimes it is not, especially if the difference between T2 and T1 is not small.
For example: when sailing, in the "man overboard" situation, the behavior of Locus V3 is in my opinion preferable.

My question is: is it possible to set one or the other behavior in the app settings?
If it is not, is there any other way to have V4 behave like V3?

Thanks.
Hilbert

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Hilbert,

if you often create a new point in Locus Map I would recommend the "quick point" feature to you. With this, you can create a new point filled with basic info and current GPS stamp immediately (more at https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:points:quick_add).

As for your questions:

"is it possible to set one or the other behavior in the app settings?"

- you can change the default location for a new point in Settings > Points & tracks > New point default location to "Map screen cursor" - the location is saved at the moment of launching the edit dialog

"is there any other way to have V4 behave like V3?"

- no, there isn't

photo

Thanks Michal,
the setting:

Settings > Points & tracks > New point default location "Map screen cursor"

is what I was looking for.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file