Moving Locus to a New Device?

Steve L shared this problem 2 months ago
Not a Problem

Hello,

I am trying to move an installation of Locus Classic to a new device, Galaxy s8 to Galaxy S10. The S8 is Android 7 and the S10 is Android 11.

I used Smart Switch to transfer the data from the S8 to the S10. The apps supposedly transferred but when I opened Locus on the S10 it was like a new installation NO maps, NO themes, NO data, etc.

I have a recent backup and tried to restore it but apparently the file structure has changed and Locus is asking some questions that I don't understand the question or how to answer. I get to the following after selecting the file to restore:

App data transfer

Select directory and confirm

Cancel / Continue

Is it better to delete Locus and start over? If so, how do I clean out the old files and directories?

How do I get my "Pro" key back?

Thanks,

Steve

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Steve,

unfortunately, moving Locus Map between two phones with different Android versions with Smart Switch doesn't work.

Please, follow the instructions here: https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:move_to_new_phone

photo

Michal,

Got it. Deleted the app. Deleted the one Locus directory that I could find and powered off the phone. Restarted the phone, reinstalled Locus, reinstalled render theme, reinstalled maps, Last, I restored the recent backup.

So what happened to the "Pro" version/key? Did it go away or do I somehow need to restore that?

Thanks,

Steve

photo

Hi Steve,

"Pro" was just renamed to "Classic", the license remains the same, and all features are the same. In fact, it's even better because we still update the app.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file