SRTM with Android 14

Oliver Naumann shared this problem 2 months ago
Not a Problem

Hi Menion and Locus Team,

with the new Android 14 I lost all workarounds for accessing the srtm folder, so I cannot upload Sunnys great 1"/3" Srtm files anymore. Could you implement a way to import from a custom folder or move srtm to android/media?

I know there had been a discussion already, but now the situation is different, as custom srtm are not usable under A14 as it seems right now.

thanks,

Moosham

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Oliver,

please try the latest beta version from https://bit.ly/lmVersionsTest. It offers setting up /Android/Media/ as the default directory for the whole /Locus/ folder.

photo

works as advertised, thanks!

photo
photo

When do you think that this beta will go stable on Google Play? (I like to intall apps from Play instead of individually download APKs so they update automatically later.)

photo

Hi,

the features in the beta I posted 36 days ago have already been implemented in the production version available on Google Play Store.

photo

(Thanks for the quick reply!)

My version is 3.70.7 and when I go to settings, other, default folders, custom subolfers (? or simlar, I use it in hungarian), "setting of data/srtm folder" option, I get "We are sorry but in this version of Android OS it is not possible to set individual folder" and I can only go back.

I _could_ change the mapsVector folder!

I checked: I can change backup, mapsOnline, maps.

Cannot change: geocaching and srtm.

Weird.

Br,

TG

photo

Hi,

version 3.70.7 is Locus Map Classic. We are sorry but the option to move the geocaching /srtm data to /Android/media/ is only available in Locus Map 4. Locus Map Classic is only in maintenance mode and new features are no longer added to the app.

photo

OIC. :(

To be honest I don't like the subscription model. I use it rarely but for example I need the stram data --> in new locus I would have to subscribe and pay even if there are some months when I don't ever run the app. :(

photo

You can also use it for individual months only. If you previously had Pro, you can use the first year of Silver free of charge. They can simply test it and if they don't like it, they can simply stop. Your Pro status will remain. So you have 0 risk

Leave a Comment

Attach a file