Problem loading IGN maps

Etienne Fert shared this problem 58 days ago
Not a Problem

Hello

I use Locus Map with IGN Cards but I can no more load cards. I get this message: map ".uf@1237ccbc".

Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies (13)

photo

Hi Etienne,

sorry for any inconvenience. Does this happen when you try to display online IGN or when you try to download some area for offline use? Could you please send a screenshot of the error message? Thanks

photo

Hello

I get the message both for viewing and storing.

I don't know how to make a screen shot on my phone.

The complete message is variable this time it is in an orange box and the message is" map ouf@eccb5d3" and in the next line "tG,code: 12591"

I hope this helps

photo

Anything new for this problem? I just realized that i also have the problem with opentopo map and opencyclemap ...

photo

Dear Etienne,

I'm sorry but the problem with IGN should be improved in the latest version of Locus Map app
Would you please send me your current version (Locus Map > main menu > Help desk / about app > app info

What exactly happens when you select the mentioned OpenCycleMap, please?

Thank you
Petr

photo

Hello

The version number is 4.23.1

The behavior of the maps is quite chaotic both for IGN and opencyclemap.some time it works in big parts sometimes not. When the map does not appear the message "Probleme inconnu" which means unkown problem is displayed.

Regards,

Etienne

photo

Hello,

Thank you for the information (and I confirm you have the latest version). This is quite a strange situation. Would it be possible for you to make a short video when the error message appears?

If you don't know the right app, I would suggest AZ Screen Recorder for screen recording: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hecorat.screenrecorder.free

So sometimes it works and sometimes you get an error message?

Thanks, Petr

photo

And sometimes the message is different. This time the message says that the map is unavailable. .. the video of use case is enclosed.

Etienne

photo

Hello,

I'm sorry but it seems the attachment is missing (I guess due to the max size of the attachment). Is it possible for you to share it for example via Google Drive or any Cloud service?

Anyway, is there any app or tool on your Android device that would influence the internet communication?

BTW: the OpenTopoMaps were removed from the list of default online maps because there were very often problems with their map server. But IGN and OpenCycleMap should work correctly.

Thank you
Petr

photo

Hello

I made a shorter version of a use case.

I dont know if an application may interfere but i must say my phone is old samsung j3 2016.

Etienne

photo

Hello Etienne,

thank you for video but to be honest there is no extra info that could help me to understand this issue.

Anyway are you sure that the online version of the map is selected? I mean would you please open Menu > Maps > tab ONLINE > IGN > IGN Plan v2
Is the map displayed, please?

Thank you
Petr

photo

Hello

I did the test and also emptied the cache. It works ... Anyway this ok for me. Yesterday i tested the download of a section with blanc parts and i got the full data which is the key feature for me that i use while walking. I make the trace with an other tool. So we can close the issue.

Etienne

photo

Thank you for the info. Anyway feel free to contact me in case of any further issue.

Regards,Petr

Leave a Comment

Attach a file