filednotes no more accessible on locus folder structure since Samsung 2.2024 patch

Wolfgang shared this problem 57 days ago
Not a Problem

Hi,

the following topic is a mixture of Android and Locus behaviour.

Since years I automatically sync my fieldnotes with DriveSync between my Locus Folder and GDrive. This worked till now I got the Android 14 February 2024 Patch on my Samsung. Because I already heard about that situation I tested it exactly before and after the patch.

When I now use the locus internal Logs manager I will loose my export if I am not able to share the local saved file. It's lost in the sandbox of locus.

I'd like to have a feature with which I can sync my fieldnotes folder or maybe other folders too between locus and the cloud. There also should be a way to delete no more needed files inside the locus directory.

Maybe it makes sense to extend the backup feature.

In the meanwhile:

Does someone have Samsung Android 14 with February 2024 Patch level and is able to access the locus file structure?

Solid Explorer / Total Commander / Drive Sync are no more working :((

Thanks for any help

Wolfgang

//edit:

As quick workaround I found a solution in a forum. Using a USB cable via Windows helps as quick fix.

Files: sync.jpg

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Wolfgang,

there are three options:

1) the simplest and fastest: sharing the exported file to GDrive or whatever you use:

dd8e9428900b2ca2eae3c2a5560e45e7 208cdfa58731bb87a16f8bcb51d91f6e

2) laborious workaround you have mentioned - connecting the phone with PC via USB and downloading the export

3) testing option: the newest Beta enables settings the main Locus directory up to /Android/Media/ folder which is accessible for most apps including system file browsers, Google Photos, etc. Download and install from https://bit.ly/lmVersionsTest

photo

Hi Michal,

thanks for your replay.

1) I know this. But it has now two problem since the folder isolation from Android:

a) there is no garbage collection so all exports remain forever

b) if the "share" fails there is absolutely no way to repeat that step

2) as mentioned from both of us - currently a workaround - if there is a computer available

3) sounds like a plan - it also would be sufficient to change folder by folder. There are already some folders which can be mapped somewhere other.

Thanks for the offer regarding the beta testing version; but I'm too much dependent of locus so that I only want to use a stable version.

Thanks Wolfgang

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file