I cannot select heart rate monitor

Agus shared this problem 44 days ago
Solved

Hi.

I have an Amazfit GTR4 watch, I can sync it in Locus Classic and it works fine but I can't select it in Locus Map 4 v.4.21.1, it shows the name dimmed (see picture). This happens to me on a Xiaomi MI 9 with Android 10.

On a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 PRO I don't have this problem, what is the reason?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Agus,

how do you pair the device on LM Classic and in Xiaomi Redmi NOte 8 Pro? Is it via BT 3 or 4 or ANT+?

photo

Hello.
It is BT 4.
On Redmi Note 8 PRO no problem with Locus Map 4 (see image).
The error happens on MI 9 phone but only with Locus Map 4, all permissions granted.
In Locus Classic it works perfectly on MI 9.

photo

Is LM4 excluded from battery optimization on Mi9?

photo

Yes.
A BT4 temperature device is correctly connected to LM4.

photo
photo

Hi Agus,

thanks for the additional info.

- LM Classic uses an obsolete system for detecting BLE sensors' status. It's more open but also more risky (it can connect also sensors that advertise themselves as non-connectable with the risk of receiving no or incorrect data)

- make sure the watch advertises itself as "connectable" - Usually, this can be determined in the Amazfit app on the phone

- Note 8 is a bit newer phone with a newer OS and MIUI platform that might accept more wearable devices for connection (but this is not verified in a test)

photo

Hello.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Locus Map 4 and still the same problem.
It is very strange. I have tried with OruxMaps on MI9 and it also connects.

photo

Please, check the Amazfit app if the device is in "visible" or "Connectible" status.

photo

Is visible

photo

I'm sorry but this is beyond our powers. We don't own an Amazfit GTR4 nor Xiaomi Mi9 for testing this specific configuration.

photo
photo

Since the Locus Map 4.22.2 update the bug has surprisingly disappeared.

Thank you for your kindness and patience.

Best regards.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file