Problem with weather button

Guido Hollenstein shared this problem 38 days ago
Solved

Dear Locus MAP

In Version3 I get always an error message when I would open the weather button.
---
Hoppla
Es scheint ein Problem mit deiner Internetverbindung zu geben.
---
This occurs on my tablet and on my handy. I made a reset of my router, my tablet and on my handy.
It seems to me that something is wrong with the app itself.

Kind regards Guido

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Guido,

please check your internet connection or Locus Map's permission to access the internet. I've tested the weather forecast and all seems to be alright.

photo

Hmmm, I have full access to the internet even so for locus map. All access are working well.How is the data flow when I press the weather button. In standard directories I'm not able to find any weather directory. And a while ago maybe 1 or 2 month it was working well.

photo

What should the permissions for Locus Map Classic look like in the settings? I have looked through them all and found no selection that should be set for weather.

photo

32571a8d2075b3264f058f0bd2479cac 6e8dc5bfb5cb777ab2b8d7342f751ad8

There isn't a particular permission regarding weather, just access to the network connection. And also there is no publicly accessible directory for weather. It is a very simple feature based on third-party-provided data.

photo

I have exactly the same setting, but still not working

photo
photo

Do you use the latest version of Locus Map 3 Classic? It is 3.70.5.

photo

Yes 3.70.5

Now it works on both device, don't no why...

photo

Well my handy doesn't work again. I made a change of backup dir from google drive to local and since then it doesn't work.

Change back to google drive doesn't help!

On tablet still work!

photo

Maybe it has something to do if one use 2 device and backup goes to the same google drive dir. Because I changed now on my handy backup dir to local and hurry up weather works again.

photo
photo

I have same problem. It works well, when VPN is In use, when location is set to USA, Canada, Brasil and Mexico. It doasen't works well or at all, when location is se to country Europe. Whitout a VPN it doasen't work. Same problem with 3 classic and 4 outdoor application. Both are In the newest posible version.

photo

Weird, I'm sitting in the middle of Prague and the weather runs correctly without VPN...

photo

It has to be said Michal, thats a nice place to be sat ( ive just finished playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided...Prague looks lovely)

photo

Yep, even more lovely in reality :) Visit recommended.

photo
photo

Last night I discovered something else. I have almost all of the European maps on my devices. Then I pressed the weather button for each map and now some maps have weather and some do not. For example, Switzerland doesn't and Spain does. Maybe this is another hint.

BTW: Meanwhile I found that google drive doesn't have any infuence

photo

Thanks Guido, you've nailed it! The service is (un)available depending on the location (not on map). Now we have something to investigate. Thanks!

photo

I have the same problem with Nepal area

photo
photo

Guys thank you for reporting and helping us investigate the problem. The OpenWeather service stopped sending one particular parameter but we managed to adapt the app to it and the issue has been fixed. Please wait a few hours for the bugfix version.

photo

Hi Michal

Thanks a lot all is working well even so with backup to google drive or local

photo

Hallo Michal,

ich habe auch seit Tagen das gleiche Problem. Und es funktioniert immer noch nicht. Kommt da noch ein Update?

Vielen Dank für deine Hilfe.

Gruß, Heinz

photo

Hi Heinz, please update to the version 3.70.6.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file