Moving main app directory to another private sector causes the presets forget the default map

druki shared this problem 36 days ago
Solved

I moved the main app directory (new feature in 4.22), started new and noticed that if I switch from an online map (e.g. Google Habrid) to a profile, the previously to the profile assigned offline map is not loaded. The same between my different offline maps in profiles (I have profiles with LoMaps and OAM).

I just assigned the default map manually to each profile and it worked again (luckily my profile names show which map I used 😉).

Replies (5)

photo

An other point after movig directory: ../icons/navigation/ symbol that was assigned for navigation is not assigned any more.

photo

Hi,

what do you mean by the "switch from an online map to a profile"? Do you mean Presets?

photo

Sorry, yes, it's presets where you manage the individual settings for maps and their display.

photo
photo

I think so that paths are saved in the default settings that are then no longer correct. Perhaps these should be changed automatically when moving ?

photo

Hi all,

the problem has been fixed. Please wait for the next app version.

photo

Hi,

I would like to inform, that all already set presets will still have absolute path to the map file. Only when the map is set with the new version, the path to the map will be relative to the app's root folder.

This still does not solve all possible issues, like moving only a "mapsVector" directory to a different place. Sorry, I'm still unable to find an easy method how to do it now, because all possible options, like "External maps", complicate this a lot. Thanks for understanding.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file