Galaxy watch 6 classic

Sergey M. shared this question 32 days ago
Answered

I have gold locus map with offline maps.

I use navigation on my galaxy watch 6 classic.

So I have a few problems, I want fix it.

The first problem is that when I raise my hand up and the screen turns on the map is on small scale, than after one or two seconds map is changing to large scale. How can I use fixed scale? I don't want to see small scale, I want to see only large fixed scale right away.

Also my map rotates after it turns on. I also want to see fixed map without rotate.

The next problem that the map is drawn slowly, maybe it can do it faster with any setting ( I use offline maps)?

Also sometimes my navigation on my route stop working and I must start it again (maybe it switches to guidance) Can I use any settings for navigation only, I don't want switches to guidance even I'm going off route.

Also sometimes track recording is also stop working.

So can you help me with right settings?

Sorry for my bad English.

Best Answer
photo

Hi Sergey,

Locus Map Watch is an external monitor for Locus Map running on your mobile phone and it has very limited abilities to control the main app.

"when I raise my hand up and the screen turns on the map is on small scale, than after one or two seconds map is changing to large scale. How can I use fixed scale? I don't want to see small scale, I want to see only large fixed scale right away."

- use zoom lock on Locus Map on your phone

"my map rotates after it turns on. I also want to see fixed map without rotate."

- this is independent of the main app so push the map rotation button to stop the rotation

"map is drawn slowly, maybe it can do it faster with any setting ( I use offline maps)?"

- offline vector maps (LoMaps or OAM maps) are rendered a bit slowlier. Use raster or online maps. The HW performance gives the speed and can't be influenced by any setting.

"Also sometimes my navigation on my route stop working and I must start it again... Also sometimes track recording is also stop working."

- make sure both Locus Map and Locus Map Watch on your phone are excluded from battery optimization and have all relevant system permissions

"I don't want switches to guidance even I'm going off route."

- go to Locus settings > Navigation > Advanced settings > Maximum deviation from the route - set it to e.g. 1000 km. Then guidance will no longer bother you.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Sergey,

Locus Map Watch is an external monitor for Locus Map running on your mobile phone and it has very limited abilities to control the main app.

"when I raise my hand up and the screen turns on the map is on small scale, than after one or two seconds map is changing to large scale. How can I use fixed scale? I don't want to see small scale, I want to see only large fixed scale right away."

"my map rotates after it turns on. I also want to see fixed map without rotate."

- this is independent of the main app so push the map rotation button to stop the rotation

"map is drawn slowly, maybe it can do it faster with any setting ( I use offline maps)?"

- offline vector maps (LoMaps or OAM maps) are rendered a bit slowlier. Use raster or online maps. The HW performance gives the speed and can't be influenced by any setting.

"Also sometimes my navigation on my route stop working and I must start it again... Also sometimes track recording is also stop working."

- make sure both Locus Map and Locus Map Watch on your phone are excluded from battery optimization and have all relevant system permissions

"I don't want switches to guidance even I'm going off route."

- go to Locus settings > Navigation > Advanced settings > Maximum deviation from the route - set it to e.g. 1000 km. Then guidance will no longer bother you.

photo

Where're this buttons? Thanks.

photo

Hi,

- zoom lock:

This button is by default hidden and can be added to the panels of functions. More at https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_mainscr_ctrl#magnifier_zoom_lock_screen_lock

- map rotation button:

When you tap the map centering button, it changes into the map rotation button and vice versa.

2d623de44f1ed78410379e9de5175a8a

Leave a Comment

Attach a file