4.22.1 Lost many user settings

Jon Reed shared this problem 30 days ago
Solved

On updating my locus the new version reset many of my settings.

1. The mile markers on my planned routes vanished on the main screen. I had to turn the switch Distance Markers in Points and Tracks back on to get them back.

2. All my turn by turn instructions on some of my routes have vanished. So they just showed start and then the finish at 64km. Very odd. I re-did a route and saved it and that contains the turn by turn instructions. Weird.

3. Screen on for navigation instructions had been switched off.

Replies (16)

photo

4. All my presets have been removed

photo

5. My presets haven't been removed, they just are no longer visible anywhere. If I try to create a new cycling preset Locus says it already exists, but you can't find it.

photo

Hi Jon,

we are sorry for the inconvenience but we have no clue why this would happen - the app retains its setup and no update should change it. Actually, it doesn't as you are the only one to report such an issue. Nevertheless, go to the Backup manager and restore your setup from the last backup before the update.

photo

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the tip. For some reason I hadn't even thought of that and was manually changing the things that ripped up one by one.

I can't see how it wasn't the back up though. I have used Locus for my current cycle tour of India every single day for around 6 hours a day, for two months. The day before the update it was fine, after the update I had all these settings missing. There wasn't a phone update during that time either.

Is it possible if didn't install cleanly? Anyway, backup restoring so hopefully that will restore my presets.

photo

"Is it possible if didn't install cleanly?"

- honestly, I can't imagine how this would be possible if you regularly update from Google Play. That would be possible if you installed it from an unknown source, some hacked APK file... which is hopefully not your case.

photo

No, I'm a gold subscriber!

photo

I'm afraid the restore didn't sort my missing presets. It still tells me I have a cycling preset, even though it isn't visible or useable anywhere.

photo

It seems your installation is somehow damaged, but I don't know how and why. Please go to Locus settings > Backup&file system > Data transfer > Unload app data to some safe location (e.g. create a temporary folder in /Android/Download/ sector)

- uninstall Locus Map and make sure its main directory is deleted too

- reboot your phone

- re-install Locus Map from Google Play

- go to Locus settings > Backup&file system > Data transfer > Load app data from the safe location

photo

Will do. Will the latest version include the fix for the planner that you fixed in the beta?

photo

Not yet.

photo

Ok, I'll live with it until that is released as that is a real pain to use at the moment and I use it multiple times a day and your beta works well.

photo

OK, install the beta after the uninstallation then. But unfortunately, I can't make sure it's fully stable.

photo

It worked very well for me today. The presets issue was present before I tried the beta.

photo

Hi Jon, we've released a new beta with more fixes so you can download it from http://bit.ly/lmVersionsTest.

photo

That removed all my settings again. Is there any chance I can have the version prior to the update please. I'm not keen on reloading everything whilst in India on a tour and that worked fine, in fact I preferred the planner to the new one.

photo

All versions are available at https://bit.ly/lmVersions

photo

Ok thanks Michal. I'll reload my entire phone and Loucs when I get home.

photo
photo

Guys, I lost all my data, points, tracks, even maps I had to download them again, then I couldn't login or reset a password untill I kinda recreated the account with the same email, any chance I can get my data back? 😭

photo

What exactly did they do? What cards do they have? Do you have a backup? The Locus team now has 4 days of vacation. Maybe we as users can help

photo

Hi, try this:

- open Settings - Backup & Filesystem - File system manager - Set the main directory - 3 dot menu by the "Private folder in internal storage" - tap "Select".

- then go to Settings - Backup & Filesystem - App data transfer - Load app data - continue. It is necessary to select the original "Internal storage/Locus" directory for data move.

photo

worked, thank you!

photo
photo

Jon, we have finally managed to replicate the problem. It is a very sublime and hidden bug but we've fixed it. We'll be publishing a new app version next week. Sorry for all the complications.

photo

That's great news thanks.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file