[DE] Cache aktualisieren funktioniert nicht mehr (Locus Map Classic 3.70.7)

Gerhart Steiner shared this problem 19 days ago
Solved

Seit kurzem funktioniert die Funktion "Cache aktualisieren" bzw. "Logs herunterladen" in der Detailansicht eines Geocaches nicht mehr.

Pixel 3 Android 12 bzw. auch am Pixel 8 Android 14 klappt es nicht mehr. Flackert nur kurz auf aber es passiert nichts

Replies (13)

photo

Hi Gerhart,

please check if you are properly logged in to your geocaching account and that Locus Map is authorized in your GC account settings.

photo

I was logged in. I logged out of the geocaching tools, but unfortunately I can't log in anymore. With the GeocachingforLocus add-on, authorization works without any problems.

photo

Should I try deleting the authorization and then try again under Locus?

photo

This checkbox must be empty. Please check it out.

66fa78d889bf74cdb3420e7aa15c5ee7

photo

Where can I find this setting?

photo

I have the same issue. Cannot update already downloaded caches... After yesterday's new update...

photo

I also suspected Android's April update. Or do you mean the Locus update, that was a long time ago.

photo
photo

The Checkbox is empty. Actually, all other apps or addons work normally. Only Locus Maps Classic doesn't work. I would like to try downgrading the app. But it's probably not that easy.

photo

Checkbox is empty. The update still does not work.

Locus 4.22.2 and 4.23.0

photo

Hi all,

- download and install the latest version of Locus Map from https://bit.ly/lmVersions (unfortunaltely, we're still waiting for Google Play)

- download and install the latest version of G4L addon from Google Play

All should run OK after this.

photo

Not really 🥴

photo

This happend with LM 4 or CLassic? What exactly did you do?

photo

I downloaded the Classic 3.70.8 and installed it. Try to open the Pocket Query to became a Login -> AGREE -> and afterthat this Error appears

photo

I also tried the "AllFiles"-Version -> same Error

photo
photo

Also with version 4.23.0 of Locusmap and 3.0.11 of Geocaching4Locus the update of the caches does not work (single or multiple).

photo

We are sorry for all this inconvenience. We've fixed all issues and published new versions on Google Play:

- Locus Map 4.23.1

- Locus Map Classic 3.70.9

Both apps are now being verified and approved by Google and will be available for the public immediately after the process is finished.

As for the Geocaching4Locus addon, we do not influence its functionality, availability, or development.

photo

I downloaded Version 3.70.9 from your GDrive and installed it. Authorization with Geocaching.com works again but unfortunately cache updating individually or entire folders does not always. The log update doesn't work yet either 😔

photo

Cache and logs updating with Locus Map Classic is processed via G4L addon. If something is wrong with it, please contact G4L developer.

photo

Ok, thanks

photo

I'm sorry, but i always see 3.70.7 in the Google Playstore. I installed 3.70.9 (wich worked for me from your GDrive), but i want install from Google Playstore because i want Autoupdates.

photo

Unfortunately, the app is still pending validation on Google Play. We can't accelerate the process, that's solely upon Google now, sorry for the inconvenience.

photo
photo

I have a different symptom in Locus 4.22.2.1 Pre-Version and new Locus 4.23: If I activate Live Map and try to see the details of a geocache (click on symbol on ghe map), whole Locus crashes. Crash of Locus with this is reproduceable on my phone. Download nearest geocaches still works. I tried logout/authorize again and the mentioned checkbox was allways deactivated at my GC account. Maybe this is related to the root cause of the bug.

photo

I have just now updated to 4.23.1.
Userid 106d6ebd7

I am still NOT able to update cache details or download logs.
This definitely worked last Tuesday when I last used the functionality.
I have checked my authorization on the groundspeak site. This is unchanged and all authorizations are granted as they have always been.

BTW:
In the afternoon (before I updated to 4.23.1.) many more goocaching functions like for example "Search for geocaches" did not work. These functions seem to have now been fixed with 4.23.1. BUT the functions mentioned above still do not work.

photo

Hi guys,

the situation is starting to be a little complicated here. The original idea made by Gerhart is quite simple > here all these "download" tasks are made by the Geocaching4Locus add-on, so it usually IS the problem of this add-on (not always of course).

Anyway because of dependency on this add-on, we've decided to implement all features directly into Locus Map 4. So now it depends on what functions you are calling.

So these methods come from G4L

c0e3da0f6e04ecd5c7ee898d5f54b191edcb144cde1b79b02a59ed1f25a9ad4c326e6449786db03b56541c2e84563c59

These are integrated into Locus Map 4

d9c1ffb96afd4294ef8600c0e40c7732d18c721de11b8530e1d14f2692dd66d1c0843eed377262e5cc1dd83dc81e34c4

So if possible, please try internal methods, they should work. In case of problems with G4L, consider removing this add-on as it does not bring and serious advantages anymore (if you miss anything now, there may be an idea or create a new one).

photo

This means that the important function 'update all marked caches' is missing. When will this be available in Locusmap?

photo

Please watch the newly created idea by balloni here.

This feature has to wait for the new Data manager screen available in the second half of this year.

photo

Ok, so I have now removed Geocaching4Locus and checked what I just didn't know about and what I am missing.

Solved: First of all I found the "Update geocache" function you mention above. As the old one from the addon had worked up to a few days ago I didn't even realize where the new one was. So I can now at least again update one geocache.

Unsolved topic 1 (Prio High): But what about the thousands of points I have in my standard "Home" folder? These need to be updated regularly before going on a outing. Having to wait for the 2nd half of this year for an essential functionality, is very disruptive, to say the least.

Unsolved topic 2 (Prio Low): Additionally so far I have not found out how to get more then a few logs loaded into Locus when updating a geocache. I have played with different values for "Stored logs limit" and independent of my selection on updating I always got a maximum of 10 logs, never the maximum of 50 or even "no limit". Again the addon had one button to do what I need: Load infinite logs of one geocache where I want to go back very far in logging history. Having this again would be nice to have, but it is not as important as topic 1, since there is the workaround pf opening the listing in the browser.

photo

Problem 1: understand. This should be anyway easily solvable by using Geocaching Tools > Search for geocaches. With this, you may update caches around defined location. Not exactly missing feature, but I believe that useful enough for now.

Problem 2: logs > I'll look at it.

photo

@Menion: Concerning Problem 1: Unfortunately your workaround does not really solve the problem. Search for geocaches does indeed update the existing ones and add new ones. But what it can not do is to identify the archived ones. And removing these regularly from the database is important to not stand somewhere in the field and then realizing that the cache was archived maybe weeks ago. So what I need to do is to update everything, then filter for archived caches and then delete them.

But as stated below by Roland Vogler: The developer of G4L seems to have woken up and fixed the 3rd party app. Therefore I can now easily wait until fall for the planned native implementation.

photo
photo

It is an imposition to have to wait until fall for this function. Locusmap is not useful for geocaching. I will probably switch to cgeo.

photo

Updating the caches works again thanks to the new version of G4L (3.0.12)

photo

Confirmed. I reinstalled G4L and it works just fine again. Thanks for the update Roland.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file