Embedded WPT not offered on specific GPX

Tapio shared this problem 18 days ago
Not a Problem

Hi, I will attach a GPX file out of a bunch of them. Locus does, on import, not offer to embed the waypoints. If I import multiple files, such files break the capability to embed waypoints. The option is not shown.

Replies (3)

photo

Attached.

photo

Hi,

thanks for reporting this issue. It has been succesfully simulated and forwarded to the devs.

photo

Devs: the file contains more than one track or route so the app doesn't know with which to merge the waypoints - in this case it doesn't offer the option for merging waypoints with the track.

photo

I see the problem, that's really tricky. As a user, those files cannot be detected via a file system + text search, because the indicator is "2 or more <trk> exist"

Would it be possible for Locus to detect and then embed WP, only if single track gpx?

Or, easier, just embed all waypoints to every track? The user would still have the option to not embed at all.

Problem is, on importing bigger gpx collections, storing the waypoints disconnected from the track creates clutter and makes few sense.

photo

Maybe GPSBabel plus some command line scripting will help. It has a "-merge" option. "This option merges all tracks into a single track with multiple segments."

I hope with multi segments Locus allows embedding.

photo

It can quickly be done by the gpx editor program. (Free)

Why Locus does not offer this itself is possibly the following. Read Possibly !
The problem is that Locus uses a gpx navigation track mode with instructions in associated waypoints that need to be very tightly connected to the correct selected track.
By using a gpx navigation track mode with instructions in track points, the poi waypoints can be manipulated more freely.

photo

Locus Map has always been handling multi-track files with some additional waypoints this way. What we can do is just inform you about the number of included tracks and waypoints but we aren't sure we should change the current system.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file