Hold Map Centre options

Jon Reed shared this idea 16 days ago
Gathering feedback

I use the hold map centre whilst navigating as it's very useful. But when I'm not navigating and planning a route or browsing the map I always forget to turn it off and it zips me back to my location. Could we (or is there already) an option to only have this feature work whilst navigating please?

Replies (2)

photo

It may not help you, but I have different presets for the different ways I use Locus: bike, walk, run, planning (with variations for different themes). Presets are great for this.

photo

Thanks Andrew, that's a good idea. Unfortunately my presets don't work anymore, just crash locus. I need to reload it but I'm away on cycle tour so don't want to do that yet. Even so, I'm sure I'd still forget to switch presets! It just seems unnecessary to auto centre when you're not navigating to me.

photo

>my presets don't work anymore, just crash locus

gee that's annoying - worth a report to the develop to try to improve?

>seems unnecessary to auto centre when you're not navigating to me

I'd mostly agree, but the trouble with hugely popular and wide scoped app like LM is that everyone has their own special way of using it; you change 1 part for one group & another group doesn't like the change

photo
photo

Hi Jon,

"Presets" > I'm not aware of any crashes. Does this happens always when you open the "Presets" screen? You may create and share with me just a backup of presets (over app settings), so I may try to simulate it.

And your idea > as Andrew wrote, is not so easy. You see that the hold map center is enabled directly on the centering button. Do you know, that long press on this button toggle this feature?

photo

Hi Menion, Until I've reloaded Locus when I finish my current tour I don't think the crashes are worth worrying about.

Yes I'm aware of the hold feature. I use Locus a huge amount.

It's not a big thing, but it's so annoying! I'm planning a route, go to look something up and come back to my phone and the map has relocated and I then remember to press the button. Everytime!

Couldn't Locus remember the last state of the self centering around the app. So if the user turns off self entering in planner it then doesn't turn on the next time they go to planner. Same for navigation and just browsing the map. Allowing users to choose which style suited each area the best. That would only involve recording the last state of the self centring in each area of locus and then implementing it each time locus entered that state.

photo

In case, you use the navigation, it automatically applies the selected preset. After the navigation stops, it restores the state before the preset is applied.

So the solution is to disable "Hold the center" feature and enable it only for certain "Preset", applied at navigation starts.

photo

Excellent! That will be ideal, thank you. I just need to reload Locus so my presets work again now....

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file