Installing Locus Map on a second device

Louis Marcotte shared this question 16 days ago
Answered

I use two phones both connected to the same Google account. I paid for annual subscription just recently. It works fine on the first phone. I installed Locus on the second phone but it does not recognize the subscription. When I check on the Premium features on the second phone, I get a message from Google Play that I have a valid subscription but Locus does not recognize it. It gives a simple message "Initializing" and gets stuck there for ever.

Replies (5)

photo

I can't really help you Louis, but I went through exactly the same process yesterday, and it went perfectly. Install app on device 2 > login on device 2 > full backup on device 1 > restore on device 2 > all done. I did take advantage of the new Android/data/media folder based on other forum discussion.

photo

Thank you Andrew for the good idea. I tried the full backup and restore way but unfortunately my Silver annual subscription is still not recognized on the second phone.

photo

>my Silver annual subscription is still not recognized on the second phone.

It should be recognized, so the more fundamental question/ request is to get the developers to fix that situation first

photo

Hello Louis, please double-check check you log in within Locus Map with an identical email address. There is no known problem with this! Check the app's main menu where the email address is visible. It has to be exact.

photo

Thank you. This was the problem with confusion between locus email account and Google Play account. This is now resolved.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file