Locus crashes when clicking on a GC symbol of live map by G4L

druki shared this problem 17 days ago
Not a Problem

just FYI:

I wrote an email report to support@geocaching4locus.eu because this is probably a problem of the plugin which has been updated recently. There are also changes in Locus 4 regarding GC. The plugin has no separate help page (but a category here), so I will try to update you here if there are some news about this topic.

My steps to reproduce:

When I try to see details of a geocache (by clicking on a GC icon) on the live map, Locus just crashes without a message.

I am GC premium member (I checked the login, and I can see geocaches loaded on the map) and can reliably reproduce the crash with Locus 4.23.1 (it slso crashed with 4.22.2.1 pre version) on my Xiaomi X3Pro (Android 13) and the GC4L version 3.0.11.

Loading/importing of the nearest geocaches works with this plugin (I use this as a workaround).

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Druki,

I've tested it on a Xiaomi Note 10 Pro (A13) with LM 4.23.1 and G4L 3.0.11. , Premium GC membership:

Locus Map built-in GC Live map, display of a geocache detail - no crashes

Locus Map with G4L add-on Live map, display of a geocache detail - no crashes

Please send a debug log generated after the app crash. thanks.

photo

Yes, Locus built in live maps works. I will send Live map of G4L crashlog to locus.map@asamm.com

photo
photo

Since the last update Geocaching4Locus/Locus has the same problem. My phone is Xiaomi 10 Pro.
If I import the cache first before opening it, Locus does not crash.

photo

Hi guys,

is the problem still present with the latest app / add-on versions?

photo

yes, crashes occur for

Locus 4.23.1

G4L 3.0.12

photo

There are already 4.23.1.1

photo
photo

Hello druki,

could you please check also live map integrated in Locus Map 4? It is available in the side "Map screen content panel". Unfortunately, I'm unable to simulate this problem and do not see any automatically reported issues like this.

photo

Hi Menion, the integrated Live Map in Locus 4 works like a charm. I will use it primarily for this usecase.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file