Cannot mark Lab caches as found

Jonáš Veselka shared this problem 15 days ago
Solved

Oh no, the last update removed the ability to mark Lab caches as found by creating an offline log, because the whole geocache menu was disabled for them.

But we need some way to increase the find counter if we find a Lab cache. Could you please return the GC menu please?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Jonáš,

Locus Map's support of the lab caches is basic only. As the lab caches do not contain the same attributes as other types of geocaches, Locus Map only handles them as ordinary user points and the geocaching menu is deactivated for them. The only option to do with them is to tap the link in their detail and launch them in the Adventurelab app:

f96edb88c69cf6a3acaef362fcfcc6ae

photo

Hi Michal,

I know that the new lab caches support is only point, but I'm using lab caches imported from the website labgpx.cz which were always possible to log offline to increase the find counter, change its icon to smile and save them to my finds folder. Not now. I know many geocachers who do it the same way. Now, I have to move the cache manually, increase the counter manually or by creating and deleting a random cache log, and I'm not able to change the icon. Could You please reopen the issue and think about some solution?

photo

Tuhle cestu už bych nepodporoval. Spíš bych pořádně doladil dynamicky načítané labky. Je super, ze už jsou konečně alespoň vidět, nicméně jsou tam ještě nějaké chybky, protože vidím jenom nějaké. A nereflektuje se v reálném čase, když nějakou najdu (odehraji v originální aplikaci), tak je v LM status stále nenalezeno, což je trochu vada na kráse, ale věřím že se to časem vychytá, včetně filtrování nalezených nenalezených, sekvenčních atd. Beru to jako první nástřel s chybami, ale i tak super. Už jen to pořádně vyladit a můžeš přestat používat zbytečně komplikovaný import, který do teď fungoval.

photo

Souhlasím, že původní řešení s importem odjinud je zastaralé a nekoncepční. Taky se těším, až se to povede dodělat do stavu, kdy půjde označovat speciálně labky jako nalezené, ale tento mezistav, který může trvat měsíce, je nešťastný, protože znemožnil to, co je mnoho kačeřů zvyklých dělat a nenabízí možnost, tak to dělat jinak. Z počítadla nálezů do logu to potom dělá nefunkční a zbytečnou funkci.

Třeba by šlo zatím povolit GC menu aspoň pro importované labky a nechat zakázané pro interně načtené.

photo
photo

@Menion has promised that he'll make at least offline logging possible for the labs - wait for the next app version.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file