Unable to update geocache information when page is opened

Lynda Fisher shared this question 15 days ago
Answered

I used to be able to open a geocache page and click update. It would then download all the latest information on the cache. For example, if I find a cache and click on "Log visit" to log online, I was then able to "update" the cache info and see my log. Now when I click on update nothing happens. It also no longer downloads updated coordinates from my web page if I correct them after downloading the original file. To get round that I have to delete the cache page then import it again via Geocaching4Locus.

Replies (3)

photo

Idem for me. Update do not work if I select a cache and try to update it or if I select a lot of caches and try to update then. I don't know if it's a Locus feature or a geocaching4locus feature but you understand it's an essential feature. Thanks to trying finding a solution.

photo

Hi Lynda,

please update to the latest Locus Map Classic version 3.70.9. This solves all issues regarding "geocaching tools" like PQ import and online logging. Issues regarding geocache updates are processed via the Geocaching4Locus add-on. If there is a problem, contact its developer.

photo

Hi Michal,

I have Locus Map Classic version 3.70.9 but the problem persists. I have also reinstalled Geocaching4Locus in case that helped but it hasn't. The problem is within each cache page Update Cache and Download Logs doesn't work. The screen flickers very quickly, as if something is going to happen, then nothing does. I hope you can give more advice. Thank you.

photo

Same here I'm afraid. Started happening after update last week.

I've just updated the app to version 3.70.9 and not fixed. Same symptoms as Lynda's post above.

photo

Issues regarding geocache updates and other features from the share/addon menu are processed via the Geocaching4Locus add-on. If there is a problem, contact its developer.

2427a3a888e477acdfea65a7790a1be1

photo

Thank you. I had never noticed that this was an add-on.

photo

For anyone who has been following this thread - I went on to the Geocaching4Locus website and this is what it says: Thank you for using Geocaching4Locus. Probably you have a lot of questions about this Locus Map add-on. These websites were created for you and we hope you will find the answers here. But if you did not found the answers here or if you had another questions, do not hesitate to ask in the Locus Map Helpdesk or directly via e-mail.

As you can see, they have a link to here. Obviously, this problem will never be solved.

photo

I emailed the developer of Geocaching4Locus through the provided email link about an hour ago. Maybe everyone else who has this problem should as well.

Fingers crossed.

photo

OK. I've also done that. As you say, fingers crossed!

photo

I have the same problem with Locus Premium 4.23.1 As I understand Locus add the features of Geocaching4locus directly in Locus because "collaboration with Geocaching developer has started to get a bit murky. In order to maintain the user experience and consistency of the services offered, the implementation of cache downloads directly into Locus Map was given the green light." So If you think it is a good idea to implement cache download, I can tell you it will be also an excellent idea to add the update feature especially if the Geocaching4locus developer, who must not have your resources, is overwhelmed by the complexity of new Android versions. Hope you will consider my request.

photo

Hi Vincent, the "update feature" has been in Locus Map 4 for some time. It's in the GC detail menu:

b794c8652f065a075b6b561b0010939c

photo

Thanks for the info. There is a lot of features and sometimes I do not find someone. I paid my subscription and I have more features and an excellent support. A deal for me an you. Is it possible to update all the caches I select in the points library ? I do not find the update menu in this case. Thanks.

photo

That's only possible with the add-on for now. WIll be implemented later.

photo

Information for those following this thread....

The developer for Geocaching4locus has released an update (version 3.0.12) which has fixed my problem.

photo
photo

Thanks for all.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file