Gps way off registered track

S. L. shared this problem 3 months ago
In Progress

Hi, gps takes 5minutes and 50meters of location to start and track contains(set on cycling) gps +/-50meters offtrack.

Using nokia c32.

Immage attached to show problem. I used payed version offline with gps on. Other software like OsmAnd and gaya are able to use the gps with no to 0 wrong recordings.

Please advice.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi,

Locus Map processes elevation gain from the data it receives from your phone's GPS. The resulting elevation gain is also incorrect if the data is incorrect or contains huge deviations. Locus Map, however, offers a few methods to limit these deviations.

Open Locus settings > GPS&sensors:

• Location filter > select medium or heavier filter
  • Google Services assisted location > turn it ON
  • Altitude manager > settings tab > Elevation data - select "Optimize GPS values" or "Replace GPS values"
  • Altitude manager > settings tab > Pressure sensor > turn ON (if available)
  • Altitude manager > settings tab > Altitude filter - select medium or heavier filter

photo

Hi,

Thank you for detailed replay.

I understand what you are trying to tune, will try a more stable location for the phone as well. Currently swinging on the beat of my lags, while cycling.

Kind regards.

photo

Hi, still kind of a lot of meters off.

Any tips/suggestions? Is it my hardware? If so, how to improve?

With kind regards

photo

Hi,

could you please make a backup of your setup with the Backup manager and send it here for a test? Thanks

photo

Hi michael,

Thats a new feature to test, you are suggesting.

Do you mean a backup of this given example-route? Or more.

Where to share? As attachment in this post or other place?

With kind regards

photo

No, I just need to test your own setup. Go to settings > Backup & file system > backup manager > manual backup > uncheck "points&tracks":

23fb86bc4a77e1f9584006d63c10f308

Then create a backup file and send it here for a test. (more about the backup manager: https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:settings:backup_fsys#backup_manager

photo

Understooth. Need a minute.

photo

File attachment

photo
photo

Thanks. Your setup doesn't reveal any abnormalities (I thought you have some map offset active). So the next step now is the following:

- go to Locus settings > GPS&sensors > NMEA recording > check "Track recording"

ccf8c2294376fc813954eb6ffa10525a

- record a track with Locus Map

- send me the NMEA file stored in /Locus/data/nmea directory

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Attach a file