Offline maps don't work after update

Arno Morbach shared this problem 12 days ago
Not a Problem

I use Locus Maps classic. After the update to 3.70.9 I can't switch to my offline vector maps. The correct directory is shown in the settings. I tried to import them again, but they don't show in the map selection dialog. The maps are OSM maps with the ending .map. They worked all the years before. This is anoying. Can I revert to an earlier Locus version?

I don't want to switch to Locus 4 because I don't need this cloud and community stuff. I just want to manage my maps and be able to route offline.

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Arno,

sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please:

- open main menu > about app/helpdesk > about app - send a screenshot

- open the Map manager > Offline tab > send a screenshot

- open Locus settings > Miscellaneous > Default directories > Set the main directory - send a screenshot

- open Locus settings > Miscellaneous > Default directories > Set custom subdirectories - send a screenshot

Thank you

photo

The maps are still in the directory but can not be found by Locus Maps. The phone is a Samsung A41 with Android 12.

photo

Hi Arno,

you probably haven't updated the app for some time - the buffer term for the switch of the app data to the private sector of the storage has expired - Locus Map is no longer permitted to read and write to the root of the SD card (and internal storage too).

Go to Settings - Miscellaneous - Default directories - Set custom subdirectories - Set 'mapsVector' directory - select !Private folder on SD card".

regards

Michal, Locus team

photo

Hi,

it seems to work. However I now need to move the files from SDCard/Locus/mapsVector to SDCard/Android/media/menion.android.locus.pro/mapsVector.

I don't see a possibility to still use the old simpler directory. Is that right?

In think the last update was in March. That's not a long time ago, I think.

photo

HI Arno,

"I don't see a possibility to still use the old simpler directory. Is that right?"

- yes, this option was removed in Android 11. Nevertheless, Android offered to use a buffer term when the app could go on using the storage root temporarily. This term has probably expired for you installation now.

regards

Michal

photo

Thank you for the help. I'm happy to use Locus again with my offline vector maps.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file