Sync with cloud (like e.g. OneDrive)

Lemmy shared this question 12 days ago
Answered

Hi,

I'm aware of the sync function with locus web but would prefer having the option to sync tracks, routes, points, settings etc. with my one drive account. Via check boxes one could choose which categories are to sync.

Alternatively it would be nice if one could choose a custom folder in the android internal storage for the app data. The I would be able to use a sync app from local folder to cloud (e.g. OneSync).

Under Settings > Backup & filesystem > File system manager > Set the main directory the option "Root folder" is greyed out, message "This directory is no longer supported"

Best Answer
photo

Hello Lemmy,

because of technical complexity, other sync methods than "Sync" to our web server is impossible and not planned, sorry.

Custom sync of the directory structure is doable now with the option in the recent app version, where you may move the root directory into "Android/media" directory. This directory should be accessible for other 3rd party apps.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Lemmy,

because of technical complexity, other sync methods than "Sync" to our web server is impossible and not planned, sorry.

Custom sync of the directory structure is doable now with the option in the recent app version, where you may move the root directory into "Android/media" directory. This directory should be accessible for other 3rd party apps.

photo

Hi Menion,

I didn't neccessarily mean sync with the locus map web server but instead app data with the cloud (e.g. one drive) account.

For those interested in the solution suggested by Menion: I moved the app data to the android media directory and enabled showing hidden files in my data explorer on Android and am now able to select them in the sync app - many thanks, Menion! :)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file