problem synchronizing with locus webversion - directories and routes missing

Jeroen van der Lubbe shared this question 13 days ago
Need Answer

Hi

I recently discovered that two of my directories with routes I had been working on in locus web app (Pyrenees HRP1 and 2, see screenprint) were not visible in the app version (android). Three other directories were still visible (but had different icon). So I changed Icon of the two missing routes as well. Nothing. Then I forced manual synchronization, and now all the tracks that I manually created in locus web verision have dissappeared ! only the original gps-X tracks remain. This was days of work....

As additional info..my android just had an update and when starting up locus came with a warning that due to update certain file locations were no longer valid and needed to be updated. Which I allowed.

Note that the original routes remain in the locus web version, but even these are not visible in the app version

Replies (2)

photo

Hi,
thank you for reaching out. We recently addressed a similar issue in one of our updates. Could you please confirm if you are using the latest version of the application? If not, I would recommend updating to the most recent version available, as this might resolve your issue.

Please let us know if the problem persists even after the update.

Kind Regards, Ondrej

photo

Anyway i see bulk delete of a lot of tracks (~40) in Pyrenees HRP2 (mainly) and Pyrenees HRP1 folders on `2024-05-04 21:49`. Please, could you confirm this? ... this kind of delete should not happen without user interaction in the app.

Thank you very much, O.

photo

Yes, I forced a manual synchronization to see it the lost tracks magically would reappear. And that resulted in the other 40 tracks to be deleted as well

But just to emphasize, initially the only files that were missing from both Locus web and phone were the files that I had manually edited. The original files were not on the phone but they were still on locus web. Before the incident occured, all files (both original and edited) were in both phone and web.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file