Send to Garmin does not work: Invalid file

Johannes Waldmüller shared this problem 2 months ago
Known

Since few weeks I cannot send tracks from locus maps to my Garmin Fenix 7x anymore. There are two different behaviours on my watch when I share a track to it:

1. the watch does not receive the track but starts locus Maps in "watch mode"

2. when after few tries the watch finally downloads the receiving track, the download ends with the message "invalid file".

Any ideas and help? 🙏

Replies (6)

photo

I experience the same behavior on my Fenix 7.

I already tried to reinstall the Locus App on my Fenix, but doesn't work.

The invalid file come up after every route download.

I use an Android 14 phone

My workaround: Export gpx to phone storage and import ro Garmin Connect. Then download. This way it works (so it seems not to be the gpx track itself)

photo

I am experiencing the same issue since few days ago. Xiaomi Redmi note 11 and Fenix 7.

If I export fit or gpx file to the storage and then import to my watch with iq map receiver or gimporter it works. So it shouldn't be a problem for the gpx file itself. The problem is in the process of sending the file to the watch via locus add-on

photo

Same issue for me with my fenix 6,since few days

photo

Found the solution :

I ve deleted all tracks until there are empty, using the device buttons (not with the computer), then it works again.

Was not due to amount of tracks, because there were about 10,but probably because one of them was corrupted or mabye the internal database of them was corrupted.

I ve also deleted all activities (about 190) from activity folder, using computer, but this was not solving the problem.

Maybe both actions is the solution.hope this will help other users

photo

Hi David Dejalle. That solution worked for me too. Thanks! I only deleted all the courses, and now it is working.

Still something strange is going on, I just imported successfully 3 courses, after that only 2 of them are showing in the courses page. But if I only import 1 course, there is no problem.

photo
photo

The workaround that worked for David and Joan does not work for me. After deleting all tracks from my fenix, the first track now can be sent to my fenix 7x again, but further tracks are cancelled again with the message "invalid file". So I have to delete every time the 1 track which is saved on the watch before sending another track to it. Pretty annoying... 🤔 😒

photo

Hi Johannes, I read your message so I tried to import more courses into my watch. It is not working as intended for me either. I can send more routes, but only the last one sent is saved. When I send a new route, the route that was previously stored in the watch is deleted.

photo
photo

Since Version 4.24.1 I observe following (new) behaviour: I can now send more than the first route to my Garmin Fenix 7x (the download isn't aborted anymore with the message "invalid file").

But: I still can't navigate this route! Every time I try to start this track/navigation on the watch the fenix 7x restarts itself completely 😳🙈

photo

After restarting the mobile phone and creating/sending another route this behaviour is not reproducable anymore. I will do further tests... But for now I have 4 routes sent from locus on my watch, but unfortunately not everyone is working. Maybe the difference is, if I imported the route to locus Maps from E.g. Komoot (does not work after sending it to Garmin) or created it by locus Maps (works after sending it to Garmin) itself.

photo
photo

Seems to work again stable! Anybody still problems?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file