Invalid fit file sending file to Garmin

Joan Gonga shared this problem 3 months ago
Not a Problem

I am experiencing an issue since few days ago with the locus map app while trying to send a file with the locus addon to a Garmin. Xiaomi Redmi note 11 and Fenix 7.

Every time I try to export a GPX file from locusmapt to Garmin, it shows a red screen saying invalid fit file.

If I export fit or gpx file to the storage and then import to my watch with other tools like iq map receiver or gimporter it works. So it shouldn't be a problem for the gpx file itself. The problem is in the process of sending the file to the watch

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Joan,

how do you send the FIT file via the add-on? Could you please describe it in detail? What version of Locus Map do you use? Classic or 4?

photo

Hi Michael, thanks for your response. Using Locus map 4.23.1.

I plan a route with the android app planner. Then, in the route page click on the share icon (arrow in the photo), then click send to garmin (circle on the photo).

It used to work perfectly for more than one year that I was using this function. Now I installed another CiQ app called gimporter wich works. But I would like to solve the problem since with the locus map addon is way easier to send fit files to my watch

photo

Hello.

Same problem here.

Garmin forerunner 955 with Huawai p30 and locus map v4.23.1 garmin locus addon v2.1.0

photo

Hmmm, sorry to hear you have problem with it. I just tested it and it still works fine for me (Epix 2). But Garmin platform is quite unreliable.. Sometimes this can happen if there are too much tracks in courses folder within the watch. Could you please try to delete some and see whether it will not help?

photo

After deleting all the activities, now is working for me.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file