Draw manually and uphill and downhill

Sasha shared this question 3 months ago
Answered

If I use hiking profile, which "snaps" to trails, uphill and downhill display some values, which I can use to understand feasibility of the created track. But if I draw segments in "Draw manually" mode - to incorporate deviations from the known tracks - those values are "0" and won't change no matter how many segments are added. Please advise if it's expected? Is there a workaround?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Sasha,

this is a limitation of the web planner. If you want a full elevation profile extrapolated from offline data, use the app's route planner.

photo

Hi Michal, thank you for the answer, but I do use application's route planner actually - on Android with LoMaps online. Here are the screenshots of the sample route (during creation and after saved - both show 0m up and 0m down.. Am I missing some setting to get this working maybe? Or can it be that it's limited to silver/gold?

photo

You need at least Premium Silver and offline elevation data downloaded for this feature. More at https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:faq:how_to_add_map_shading

photo

Worked like a charm, we can mark it as Solved. Thank you!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file