Different track recording quality on two various phones

Hans Söderholm shared this question 51 days ago
Answered

Why is the resolution much worse on a Samsung galaxy A13 compared to my Samsung galaxy s10 when I watch a track. I have the same setting on the rec profile (1m/1s) Is it due to the A13 inferior processor?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi,

the are many factors that can influence this, not only the trackpoint interval setup:

- the quality of the GNSS chip and other location sensors in the device

- weather and terrain conditions

- selected acceptable GPS accuracy in Locus Map settings - the more accurate location requested, the fewer trackpoints are recorded

- Google Services assisted location turned on or off in Locus Map settings - this helps or doesn't help on various phones, ńeeds to be tested

photo

Thanks for your reply.

You list five likely reasons.

I believe in number 2.GNSS chip etc

I have used the backup manager and transferred all the settings, so therefore the settings of both mobile phones should be identical.

As I will soon have to replace my Samsung S10, I am very keen that it is at least as good as regards updating at record track.

Do you have any suggestions?

What to look for in the mobile's spec

photo

We don't have any particular device recommendation so I would just direct you to an article we published a while ago about "the best Locus phone" :): Which phone is best for Locus Map?

photo

Thanks, I'll read it!

photo

Unfortunately, I didn't get an answer to what is important for the highest possible resolution at track rec......

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file