Add rounded corners to fields and turn instructions

olliz shared this idea 47 days ago
Declined

As far as I can see, my requests "Add rounded corners to fields and turn instructions" are not currently possible? In any case, I cannot find a corresponding setting.
The reason is that I do not have any panels active on my phone and have "Full screen as overlay" active.
The turn instructions are therefore displayed at the top left of the display and above that (because it is an overlay) is my dashboard. This means that the turn instructions cannot be seen.
It is not possible to determine the position of the turn instructions, and there does not seem to be a point for displaying them in a dashboard cell...
The rounded corners would only be a cosmetic feature (indicate each corner whether it is round and concave/convex).

Replies (6)

photo

Hello olliz,

may you please post a screenshot of the issue you try to solve? I'm anyway worried that these UI modifications won't be easily possible.

photo

Hi, i mean that

photo

Regarding the turning instructions:

As you can see, this is displayed UNDER the dashboard...
But it should be displayed in the next free row of the dashboard at the bottom, so you can specify the position in pixels from the top and left edge.
Or you can embed this display - the small one - in a dashboard cell.

photo
photo

Hello,

thanks for the screenshots. This is more complicated than it looks. The main screen layout and the dashboard work independently of each other, so some "cooperation" is currently very hard.

The solution to this task is a complete rewrite of the main screen and better integration of the dashboard. But this really is a major task. So sorry, this is not planned and won't be improved during the next months (years).

photo

Thank you, that would only be a cosmetic improvement that doesn't affect the functionality itself. You can live just as well without this cosmetic surgery ;)
Much more interesting would be the ability to specify the turn instructions in the position or to define this as a point for a field in the dashboard.

photo

Understand and agree. I've planned to invest more time into the dashboard this year, but (unfortunately for the Dashboard system), this year will be in the name of the new Data manager, so the dashboard will have to wait on 2025.

photo

Good things take time - that's what we say ;)
Another idea for the rounded corners: instead of giving the cell a background color and transparency and then rounding the corners using programming - could you instead define a background image in the cell whose transparency you can determine? Would that be easier to implement?
Then you could create a pixel-accurate background image in the color as a PGN (with transparency code for the corner, for example) that is round at the desired corner...

Leave a Comment

Attach a file