Add android home button as option for sidebar menu options

handy map guy shared this idea 2 months ago
Completed

Swiping up from the bottom to get android nav buttons is problematic. Make a button available to take you to home screen to access the apps there (in case the apps are not available as shortcut buttons in the sidebar) or for many other reasons.

Replies (7)

photo

That is a good idea, I was getting frustrated only just now with this,

photo

This would also be good for V4.

photo

Hi guys,

are you using full-screen mode, so the bottom buttons are not visible?

Quite common is now using a gesture system, so there is no need to pull up the bottom navigation panel.

Also please be aware, that the new features are available only in Locus Map 4, so even if you convince me, it won't be implemented in the Locus Classic.

photo

I agree with you that only LM4 is coming.
I use the gesture system. But with long gloves, the swipe from the edge of the screen is not always recognized correctly. Tapping a button is much more reliable here

photo

Oki, not a big task, so "minimize" button will be available in the next Locus Map 4 version.

c1666b0c2123a38a2b2a349ba6e25acb

photo

Perfect.....

Ive only just noticed the picture in picture mode from the screen....very usefull

photo
photo

i hate the gesture system, and use the on screen navigation, but i like the imersive view in locus, i often find i hit the bottom screen buttons rather than the android navigation, i could use the locustasker addon, and have tasker change settings, but it takes a while for that to activate....

photo

Excellent - First time an app developer has taken my suggestion!

Thanks!

photo

Congratulations 😁

photo

On a Samsung device, you can add the button yourself by adding a "open new app" button and then selecting the "Startpage OneUI" as app. It may not show up immediately though. The first time a list is shown, I only see 11 apps, then I refresh and then I see 571 apps, including this one.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file