[DE] Offline Karten laden zu langsam

Richard Ruhland shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

Hallo,

mir fällt es auf dass beim scrollen oder rauszoomen (mittels 2Fingern) Die Kartenansicht nicht hinterher kommt. So werden dann leere Stellen angezeigt bis ich stoppe. Bei einen High End Smartphone fällt mir das Verhalten auf. Ist das normal?

Gruß Richard

Best Answer
photo

I'm using a 5 year old Galaxy S10, have all my vector maps on ext. SD (1 TB capacity).

But up to zoom level 11 (and for some parts of the world up to ZL 13) I'm using the OAM world maps (also on this ext. SD).

I just ran your (Richard) scenario and did not experience any delays when zoom via two fingers. Lower zoom levels mean a lot of stress for the SD and the CPU. And low for me means 11 and below :-)

Cheers

Michael

PS: the effect you (Richard) are describing is exactly the reason why I started creating these (raster) world maps 8 years ago. Meaningful, curated content, super fast.

Replies (4)

photo

High-end doesn't mean anything when it's 5 years old.
Phone ?
Working memory ? (free working memory)
Card ?
Storage location card ?

photo

Na ja. Mein Smartphone Model ist ein Samsung S24 Ultra und die Geschwindigkeit ist mehr als ausreichend.

Das die Kartenansicht nicht hinterher kommt ist mir klar aber wie kann ich es verbessern? Am Smartphone kann es nicht liegen...

photo

Na ja. Mein Smartphone Model ist ein Samsung S24 Ultra und die Geschwindigkeit ist mehr als ausreichend.

Das die Kartenansicht nicht hinterher kommt ist mir klar aber wie kann ich es verbessern? Am Smartphone kann es nicht liegen...

Leider gibt es für Offline Karten keinen Puffer Speicher wie bei den Online Karten. Das könnte die Geschwindigkeit verbessern?!

photo
photo

Hi,

yes, this is normal - the offline maps consist of raster tiles that are on-the-fly rendered from vector data. This takes a bit of time even on the fastest devices.

photo

Thank you, can this behavior be improved with caching?

photo

Offline tiles are not cached.

photo
photo

It is important that the cards are in the internal memory and not on the SD card. That's why I asked but you didn't answer.

photo

I'm using a 5 year old Galaxy S10, have all my vector maps on ext. SD (1 TB capacity).

But up to zoom level 11 (and for some parts of the world up to ZL 13) I'm using the OAM world maps (also on this ext. SD).

I just ran your (Richard) scenario and did not experience any delays when zoom via two fingers. Lower zoom levels mean a lot of stress for the SD and the CPU. And low for me means 11 and below :-)

Cheers

Michael

PS: the effect you (Richard) are describing is exactly the reason why I started creating these (raster) world maps 8 years ago. Meaningful, curated content, super fast.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file