Route calculation broken using BRouter

Thomas Göller shared this question 4 months ago
Answered

Route calculation seems to be broken using BRouter (1.7.5). Reinstalled BRouter data and using different BRouter profiles but it's always the same error saying the route can't be calculated.

LoRouter offline works fine.

Any ideas for fixing it?

Locus GOLD, 4.24.3

BRouter (1.7.5)

Google Pixel 5, Android 14

Replies (7)

photo

Have you downloaded the rd5 files for your area?
Other question
why do you want to use Brouter if you have LoRouter? The LoRouter does the same and uses the same data material. That makes no sense to me.

photo

Hi, BRouter profiles have parameters that cannot be configured in LoRouter's internal profiles.

photo
photo

Yes, route data is downloaded.

Is LoRouter also using the BRouter profiles? I have modified profiles in use with BRouter.

photo

Did some more checks. Seem like only the car profiles causing errors. For testing I copied profiles from bikerouter.de (Auto schnell, effizient, vario) - non of them works when used in BRouter as engine in LM.

Bike profiles work.

photo

Hello Thomas, the error message we receive from Brouter Android app indicates that some crucial component of the Brouter app is missing there. The message confirms your observation. (Only some, mostly car profiles are affected - the ETA is computed in a different way for cars vs walkers). The best thing to do we think is report this issue to Brouter maintainers.

photo

Hey, Radim! Thanks for checking. Does that mean a previous LM would have the same issue or is it only with latest version with adjusted ETA calculation?

Asking because I tend to check with the previous version of LM, if that works with car profiles of BRouter.

Best, Tom

photo

Hi. There is another mistake. When using a BRouter profile for use in LoRouter Offline the text in the image is displayed. This does not happen in previous versions of Locus Map.

photo

Just FYI - new BRouter App v1.7.6 was released and fixed the issue. Route calculation for car profiles works again!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file