Distance from start is reset when recalculated

olliz shared this problem 2 months ago
Not a Problem

I have the distance from the start displayed in the dashboard. This also works without track recording.
So far so good. But as soon as there is a track deviation and therefore a recalculation of the route, the distance displayed from the start is reset to 0. Is that how it should be?
For me, START is the beginning of the actual route, regardless of whether there are recalculations in between because the route cannot be followed due to a diversion, for example.
So I only have the choice of either displaying the total distance, but only when the track is recorded, or the distance from the start, which is set to 0 every time it is recalculated.
Is there another option that does not reset to 0 and does not require track recording?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi,

if you need an exact distance from the track start, use a track recording measuring the track length. "Distance from start" is only relevant for navigation and when the route is recalculated, the spot where the recalculation happened is considered as a new start - therefore the value is reset.

photo

That's exactly how I do it - it would have been nice if I didn't necessarily need a recording for that.

photo

Most users always use the recording. I start it automatically with every navigation (Tasker).

photo

It may be that many do it automatically. But every now and then I don't record because there is no navigation active (known route)... and then it would have been nice.

I just have to start the recording every time and then delete it when necessary.Although, if there was a statistical analysis of the routes driven with KM, altitude, etc., such a recording would make sense even without navigation....

But ok, it's obviously not a mistake but intentional.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file