Maps Update vs Download

Richard Ruhland shared this question 3 months ago
Answered

Hello,

I noticed that updates are not offered for all cards. For example, I installed a Czech card for which I am only offered a new download instead of an update.

I would like to understand why not all cards experience the same treatment. And why is in some cases just a new download instead of an update?

---Translate---------

Hallo
mir ist aufgefallen, dass nicht für alle Karten Updates angeboten werden. So habe ich beispielsweise eine tschechische Karte installiert, für die mir statt eines Updates lediglich ein Neudownload angeboten wird.

Ich würde gerne verstehen, warum nicht alle Karten die gleiche Behandlung erfahren. Und weshalb wird mir in manchen Fällen nur ein Neudownload statt eines Updates präsentiert?

Replies (2)

photo

If you do not have Gold Subscription, but bought the map(s) individually, then updates are free for ONE year only.

Cheers

Michael

photo

I have and use the gold subscription.

--Translate---

Ich habe und nutze das Gold Abo.

photo
photo

Hi Richard,

it depends on the versions of the maps that you have downloaded. When an update is offered, you have an older version downloaded. If just a re-download is offered, you have the newest version downloaded.

photo

Hello Michal,

This is understandable, but the installed Lomaps are the ones that they offer. There are no older people. According to the logic, an update would always have to be offered.

Did I install two versions after download? Then how can I delete the older ones?

---Translate---

Hallo Michal,

das ist nachvollziehbar, aber die installierten LoMaps sind die die von Ihnen angeboten werden. Ältere gibt es da nicht. Somit müsste der Logik nach immer ein Update angeboten werden.

Habe ich nach dem Download dann zwei Versionen installiert? Wie kann ich dann die älterer löschen?

photo

Dear Richard
users often have maps on their devices that are several years old. In this case, the "Update" button is displayed because the user gets a newer map by downloading it.
If you update an older map, the old map is replaced by a newer one. Or can you see two identical maps in the map manager, please?

A new version of LoMaps is often released in one batch. However, last week we prepared an update only for Europe and the rest of the world will be available in the next few weeks.
Regards
Petr

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file