When re-routing a track, navigation waypoints duplicate and become permanently visible on map

Patrik shared this problem 2 months ago
Solved

I use trip planner with offline lorouter to create tracks for offroad riding.

Sometimes, I notice a mistake in the route, and modify it using re-route option.

BUT! If I decide to not save the changes, and clear the planner instead while modifying the route, the app glitches, duplicates navigation waypoints, and permanently shows them on the map (see attached screenshot).

They can only be deleted one by one, which is a huge pain in the ass for longer routes.

Along with a bug fix, I would like to see a button (option) added to delete waypoints associated with a track. Currently, they can only be listed and deleted one by one.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Patrik,

I've noticed this a few times over the years, but was never able to simulate it.

Does this happen always to you?

What are the exact steps? When I tap on the previously planned route > Re-route, now I modify the route a little and press back, I'm back on the main map screen and no problem happens.

Jiří M. aka Menion

photo

Unfortunately, I don't have exact steps to reproduce this 100% of the time.

It happens randomly, but also quite often.

It seems to happen with longer routes with lots of those triangle points (don't know their name - the ones you place to force Locus to route through that point) and routing mode switches (road/mtb).

I'll try to find a reproducible way.

In the meantime, I would really appreciate the option to delete all waypoints associated with a track as a workaround.

Maybe add a menu button to the title bar on track waypoints list screen with options to delete all associated waypoints, and other option to delete just (what app currently considers) navigational commands?

photo

Better management of attached waypoints is an older very wanted feature request. I'm aware of it at it is probably something I'll be working on once the second generation of the "Data manager" will be published at the end of this year.

photo

Hi
I've seen this problem also. I don't know if this is a long-standing or recent issue as I only recently started using the routeplanner. It happens 100% "reliably" for me.
Using LoRouter Online, Hiking, Include navigation Commands. Retain Unsaved Plan=No. Quick Drawing=No.
Steps to reproduce:

1/ Plot a route with turns and a Viapoint. Save it. Don't think it matters how the route is created, or imported.
2/ From Main menu: "Tracks and Routes"/Tracks. UN-HIDE the track.
3/ Tap on track then on the "Edit Route" icon bottom right next to three dots icon.
4/ No need to make any changes. Cancel from route planner by tap on the cross icon top left.
5/ Tap on "Edit Route" icon again.
Now many, but not all, of the Navpoint icons are displayed permanently without having to hover over them. (Either with setting "show navigation commands on map" = yes or no)
6/ Save the route as new. Then view its waypoints.
I see that those Navpoints which became permanently visible are duplicated. Also the Navpoint now appears three times. I inspected the waypoints database and see the repeated points there.

To avoid the issue:
Either:
In step 2/ ensure the route is HIDDEN, then continue. The issue does not happen.
OR:
If you see the permanent Navpoint icons, do not save it, then after cancelling from the planner Hide the route , then continue.

Other observations:
1/ If you invoke re-route from a route displayed on the map then the issue always happens - because its not hidden of course.
2/ If the steps above are done again for a given route the same set of waypoints are duplicated. I can't see the pattern which determines which waypoints get affected. It differs for different routes.
3/ If the route with duplicates is saved, and above steps repeated on the saved route then the Navpoint duplicates are duplicated again. So they keep doubling every time.
4/ The number of an affected Viapoint repeats goes up differently. I've seen this.. 1, 3, 7, 15..... , and 1, 3, 7, 9, 11... Nonsensical.
5/ The list of Waypoints on the track details screen show the Navpoint duplicates on the main (first) screen. Normally Navpoints only appear on the waypoints list screen.
6/ If at any stage a route with these duplicated waypoints is re-routed while it is hidden, then the duplicates are removed. However, Note 5/ still applies so something still not quite right.
7/ Trackpoints are not duplicated.

So it seems like there is some bug when cancelling from re-routing a non-hidden route which causes weird behaviour.

photo

"6/ If at any stage a route with these duplicated waypoints is re-routed while it is hidden, then the duplicates are removed. However, Note 5/ still applies so something still not quite right."

Following these steps:
- Hide track
- Re-route
- Save (overwrite)

Results in a track whose details screen -> waypoints screen doesn't show duplicates, but most of those waypoints are not considered navigational (only 2 out of 141 are, despite all of them being generated as nav waypoints), and those 141 are still permanently visible on the map.

photo

Yes, Agreed. It can be seen in the waypoints DB table also and in exported GPX file. They become the same as viapoints. Best to avoid altogether re-routing with track un-hidden until it is fixed.

photo
photo

Hi guys,

thanks for the precise observations, it helped a lot!

I believe I've found the reason for this behavior and the issue should be fixed in the next app version (next week most probably).

Leave a Comment

Attach a file