BRouter bicycling time way too long

Philippe Pognonec shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

May be this should be seen with BRouter team, but not sure since their web site gives expected results.

I set a 20km route along the sea as a "Tourisme FCR Dry" BRouter cycling trip, along a smooth "veloroute", with only 23m D+. The calculated time of the ride is almost 3hours, which does not make any sens. Recalculation gives the same result.

What do I do wrong?

This is with LocusMap Classic 3.70.9

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Philippe,

do you have the same time results also on the BRouter web planner here? If so, then this is really a question to the BRouter team here.

If the app gives different results, this is then an issue for us. Thanks for understanding.

photo

Hi Menion,

Sorry, I should have been more explicit: The BRouter web page gives a "normal" time of ~1 hour ride. Please have a look at the attached screen shot.

Thanks for your time!

photo
photo

Hello Phillipe,

I've first tested your route+profile in the Locus Map 4, where I get results that are identical to what you may see on the BRouter web.

Based on it, I'm testing it also in the Locus Classic and now I see the problem. It uses the really old system, how the results from BRouter are loaded into the Locus Classic app. Times generated by the router are not used at all and are generated in the app, based on your last movement speed (average of the last approx 1 hour of biking). New Locus Map 4 uses a completely different system and respect times computed by the router.

So I'm sorry. Locus Classic is in maintenance mode and only critical problems are fixed now. This requires a quite big change in the code. Thanks for understanding.

photo

Thank you Menion for your investigation of this bug. I am of course disappointed that this will not be fixed on Locus Classic, since I find it perfectly suited to my needs. Specially now that I read that having a meaningless calculated route time is not a "critical problem" for me... ;-)

Anyway, Locus is a great app, and I understand economy has its word in what can be done or not in a former app version.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file