Cannot get to top quick menu without disabling map centering

Joshua Widen shared this problem 41 days ago
Known

On wear OS you pull down from the top to get to the quick menu options. When doing this, the function to center the map at your location on the wear OS locus watch app is disabled. While this may not usually be much of a problem as you can re-enable it, in my case I want to get to the quick menu option to enable water lock mode which disables the touch screen. This presents a problem as the map no longer centers around my location and since water lock mode is on, I cannot use the touch screen to re-enable it in the locus wear app. In the end, I cannot have map centering and water lock mode on which presents a problem during water activities.

I can can pull up from the bottom to get to the locus maps settings menu in the wearable app without disabling the centering just not when pulling down from the top.

Maybe it would be good to include a setting to force centering at least after some time out so that could be enabled and centering would be possible during water lock mode when enabling through quick settings. Or allow pulldown to get to quick settings without disabling the centering option.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Joshua,

thank you for reporting the issue. It was forwarded to the devs and added to their bugs queue.

photo

Thanks!

Google maps on the Wear OS app has similar interface but doesn't suffer from this issue. I can pull down to get to the setting without coming out of the mode that tracks my location on screen.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file