My library - issue with listing hundreds of my tracks

Mike K shared this problem 2 months ago
Not a Problem

Hi,

I was using a free version of LocusMap and decided to go PremiumGold for a trial to gain a single place for all my rides and recorded tracks. I've uploaded my historical rides to the tracks area... over 200 pcs. The mobile app works fine, I can hide, unhide, sort, filter and search options. Unfortunately, the web version Locus Map Web is able to display only about 20 tracks, for next portion you need press a button, and the list is not having search/filter/sort. That is really useless. I really think that working with a list of hundreds of tracks on a mobile phone with few inches diagonal is far from being productive. If you compare that to the capabilities of free version of RideWithGPS, that is a huge difference. Another nice thing from RideWithGPS are the Collections - groupers of selected tracks that are sherable as one unit. Tracks added to collections are not copies, they are just references. This is the second feature that makes me cancel the trial of Locus Gold.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Mike,

we don't deny that the web planner and library development is not finished. On the contrary, many features are yet to come, including track filtering and search.

"Locus Map Web is able to display only about 20 tracks"

- yes, if a track folder contains more than 25 tracks, there is a button "Load more". It is for the browser performance sustainability reasons.

"list is not having search/filter/sort"

- filter and search will be added but sorting is available:

790166f4bbb6d45766c322cd73b1388d

"Collections - groupers of selected tracks that are sherable as one unit"

- Collection of routes and points for multiple share are planned also in the app/web when the new track/point library is introduced (in a few months)

photo

Hi, thank you for feedback and actually good news. I will monitor new features and when this comes will most probably get back to LocusMap. Thanks!

photo

An important/useful sort criteria missing in Locus Map Web is "nearest".

Thanks

Lorenzo Cescutti

Leave a Comment

Attach a file