Import GPX on Ios

Alexander Kaya shared this problem 35 days ago
In Progress

When trying to download GPX, it is not possible to select a file on iOS. It doesn't read it

Replies (11)

photo

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for your feedback, and I apologize for the issues you’ve experienced. We have identified a bug in the app that is preventing the GPX file from being imported into a folder named „Imported.“ I will address this bug in the next release. In the meantime, you can easily bypass this issue by importing your GPX file into any folder other than the „Imported“ one.

Thank you for reporting this issue. Please let me know if my advice was helpful.

photo

Hello,

thanks for the work around. Please explain, I do not understand how to import gpx that way.

Thanks Ralf

photo

Hello,

You can import the gpx file in the following steps:

• Open a target folder in your My Library. Select a folder for routes if you want to import routes from the gpx file, or select the folder for points if you want to import points from the gpx file. Create a folder if it doesn’t exist yet.
  • In the bottom toolbar, press the import button (see screenshot).
  • Press the big blue button „Select GPX file“in the new view.
  • A dialog opens, and you can select the imported GPX file in your file system.
  • The Locus map will try to import all routes or points in the selected GPX files.
  • The result of the operation is displayed at the end of the import process.

photo

I was a very satisfied SILVER user, but now I changed from Android to iPhone. I have a lot of tracks & I would like to import them. Unfortunately the import stills doesn't works. When I try the import of gpx tracks, the all files seems only gray.

Even thought I created a new folder.

photo

Hello Papp,

Thank you for your feedback, and I apologize for the issue. I am unable to replicate your problem. Could you please provide additional information to help us resolve the issue together? This should include a screenshot of the view for selecting GPX files and details about where your file is located, such as whether it is in a local folder on your iPhone, iCloud Drive folder, or an external disk. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

photo

Hi Peter

Thank you for your reply.

I have a used but fully restored iPhone 13. But I also tried my wife's iPhone 11. The problem was the same.

I first tried importing to put my different tracks in separate folders. The first three folders were successful and I was very happy!

However, the following folders failed. The .gpx files are grayed out.

I reinstalled LOCUS and then the first folder didn't work either. I tried from both the local folder on the iPhone and the folder on my iCloud drive.

Best regards

From iCloud:

/08051966016027ba45898ea046319377

From local Folder:

/4d5eebc0786acac21a30d21d19f3c618

My new folder:

/e565c16e79a609a6886ca6488c138a84

photo

Hello Papp,

Thanks for the comment and screenshots. Strange things happened when I downloaded your enclosed gpx file from Safari to my iCloud folder on Mac. The file was named 40878 without a gpx extension and stayed gray in the import dialog. I had to rename it, and then I could import it without problems (see screenshot). I think it may be some glue to the solution—how do you copy this file to the Apple ecosystem? Did you import them from Google Drive, Dropbox, or another similar service? Did you use Windows/Mac, or did you use only iPhone?

I’m looking forward to your answer because this problem is really interesting.

photo

Hi Petr

Thanks for your efforts!

I used Windows, and I copied the .gpx files in a simple File explorer to the iCloud folder. Now I downloaded the app named "GPX Viewer". The app is perfectly able to import all of my .gpx files and sees them from iCloud or from a local iPhone folder too. See my screenshots.

But I think maybe the problem is related to LOCUS app permissions in our phones.

(...)

Later...

While I was writing this email I tried again LOCUS import and ... Ta-daaah ... magic ... The import was successful, but in the meantime some error messages came. See screen5-6.jpg

The tracks appear perfect in LOCUS.

I didn't change or modify anything else. This is very interesting for me too ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can you close my helpdesk post with a shorter description?

- You know if you mention the "GPX Viewer" app there.

Thank You Again!

Best regards:

Pisti

photo

Hello Pisti,

Thanks a lot for your cooperation. Final question. Do you use an iCloud driver for Explorer or open iCloud in the web browser? This problem seems to be related to the access rights. I don’t have a Windows computer, so I can’t repeat your steps, but I’ll ask my colleagues. Similar problems have already been reported to Apple support, such as https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8129699?sortBy=rank. When you pasted your gpx file to this forum, I also had to rename the file after download. Unfortunately, each file also has extended attributes containing additional properties that are not visible to the user. I’m afraid that the problem is there.

I can’t configure too much for supported document types in the app configuration. If it is a common misconfiguration, then nobody can import any file. But most people can import gpx files without problems. Nevertheless, I’ll recheck it.

Error messages during import display only unsupported gpx tags. Unfortunately, the gpx format is not fully standardized, and every producer is adding some additional features. The current release of Locus lite supports only the standard set of tags defined by Topografix. I’m finishing the gpx export, and I added some new tags to the import. You only miss course value for each location and some unimportant line visual parameters for displaying tracks. I already added a course to the import parameters. It will be available in the following app release. Nevertheless, your imported tracks are fine.

photo

Hello Petr,

I used the Windows File explorer and installed iCloud application.

I didn't use the .gpx files with the iCloud browser version.

We have solved the problem.

Thank You.

photo

Hello Pisti,

Again, thank you for your patience and cooperation. We followed your instructions at the company, but we were unable to find any grayed-out gpx items. I’m glad we were able to resolve your issue.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file