Make long tap on "content button" toggle last used maps across restart

Georg D shared this problem 54 days ago
Solved

Long press on "content button" in main screen does toggle between two last used maps, e.g. "LoMaps Online" and "ÖPNV Karte". This works during one session, i.e. until I end Locus and start it again. Would be great if it remembered the two last used maps across restart.

BTW, it is not described in https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_mainscr_ctrl

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Georg,

this does not work always for you? Because I'm testing it, and even after restarting, the toggle works as expected.

If it does not to you, I consider it to be a bug, but I need help here, to simulate it on my own device. Which two maps are you using?

photo

Hi Menion,

it works always during one session, but seldom across sessions.

I observed I do not need to exit Locus but only put it "deep enough" into background – usually it's sufficient to switch to 3-4 other "bigger apps" like Vespucci, OsmAnd or the like and back to Locus.

I used OAM iceland 2024-05-23 with theme Elevate 5.4 type in Elements & Hiking mode, and Satellite Hybrid as well as Satellit and ÖPNVKarte. I can reproduce the issue by

1. open Locus 4.25.1
  2. show OAM, Zoom 15 on airport KEF
  3. switch to Satellit using map-screen content > maps > show more > Satellit
  4. switch to OAM by long pressing content button
  5. exit Locus by switping from bottom to show app list, then moving Locus out of screen
  6. start Locus, OAM is shown
  7. long pressing content button does not switch to Satellit

In contrast, it works across restart like this

1. open locus, show OAM, Zoom 15 on airport KEF
  2. switch to Satellit using map-screen content > maps > show more > Satellit
  3. switch to OAM by long pressing content button
  4. switch to Satellit by long pressing content button
  5. exit Locus
  6. start Locus, Satellit is shown
  7. long pressing content button does switch to OAM

Hope you can reproduce – if not, please tell how I may provide more information.

photo

Hello Georg,

thanks, this probably helped. Check the next (Beta) version, it should work as expected now.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file