Custom live tracking

Jérôme shared this problem 32 days ago
Not a Problem

When you configure custom live tracking to send speed (or battery level), but you also define a minimum distance, those values won't be updated when the user stops, as the minimum distance from the last position won't be reached.

It would be very useful to send the new data at the time interval if either the position has changed beyond the minimum distance, or some other parameter has significantly changed (especially if speed is 0, or if battery level decreases dangerously). Thanks!

Replies (2)

photo

Hi,

when the min. distance is set for an update sending, the app sends an update after the min. distance is reached. That is a rule. Some "extended" parameters are not planned at the moment, sorry.

photo

Thanks for the answer; I use live tracking in case of accident during solo mountain outings, and that is important to determine if the tracking stopped because the user takes a break (speed = 0, exact position = typical position to stop, e.g. mountain pass), or because of a possibly minor problem (speed = 0, exact position = unusual place to stop; the user can probably be reached by phone), or because of a possible accident with loss of GSM signal (speed > 0, so last known position is not exactly where the user is currently, and the user is probably unreachable by phone).

Thanks!

photo

Jerome, as you are using custom live tracking anyway, which by definition emans you are using to a custom tracking server, lot locus built in, I would advise combining with Tasker as it can send otehr variables

ie custom live tracking sends a track, and then Tasker could also send a location blip with otehr variables, like battery drain etc

when i used to use custom live tracking tasker sent a location update once an hour, when locus wasnt running, and then when locus was running , i was updating every few seconds as normal...

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file