Allow track recording profiles to be sorted manually or at least alphabetically

Andrew Heard shared this idea 49 days ago
Completed

At present track recording profiles appear to be sorted by creation date - 1st created at the top of the list, last created at the bottom of the list. I had another suggestion a year ago that got zero comments or votes for Sort most used track recording profiles to top of the list.

Track folders on the other hand are sorted alphabetically so I name my folders with a leading digit (which often changes over time) to give preference to the most common folder first eg. "0 most used", "9 least used".

And Presets are sorted manually by dragging.

How about allowing to sort track recording profiles manually like Presets or at least alphabetically?

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Andrew,

I'm looking at the unsorted list of profiles for years and had never enough will to improve it :).

Thanks for a small kick. Custom sorting is complicated in this old screen, but automatic sorting by name wasn't. So in the next app version, profiles will be sorted at least by the name, thanks!

photo

That's fine and should be enough. You can use numbers in the name to control what you want.

photo

Alpha sorting is more than brilliant, thanks Menion. I'll use my existing trick of putting a "<digit><space>" on front of each profile, so change the order as required. Generally "0 bike" at the top, but as most recently deleted & re-added is currently at the bottom of about 10, most not used but no point deleting.

photo

Thank you, great idea!

Btw.: is it actually possible do remove a recording profile from the list? I couldn't find a way to do this in current LM4.

photo

The option to delete is a little bit hidden inside. Open the profile detail and the 7th option is "Remove this profile".

photo

Thank you, I missed that "hidden" option.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file